Bring Back Seat Belts

xanx

Suggestion Poll  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bring Back Seat Belts

Never understood why this has been a removed feature, especially with the fact that there is a specific vehicular offence for it in the San Andreas Penal Code. Would love to see this feature be re-implemented and have added functionality in order to bring realism to traffic stops, no one ever roleplays not having their seat belt off anymore, if it would be enforced scriptly, it would be a different story.

418. Failure to Wear a Seatbelt (I)
Any person(s) while operating a motor vehicle, doesn't properly secure themselves in with the safety belt.

Shall be liable under a Class C offense only, and shall receive a $1,000 fine.

Whenever someone puts a seatbelt on using the /seatbelt or /sb commands, it would display a /ame above their head.

An added functionality would entail /checkseatbelt or /csb for the Police Department faction to utilise appropriately in order to roleplay around the traffic stops. It would display each of the passenger's name in the chat with their status of the seatbelt. For this to work, you must be standing near the vehicle, just like the /checktint command.

Ashley Meadows Seat Belt: On

Jasmine Turner Seat Belt: Off

If possible, it would be awesome to also display some sort of actual belt around the player whilst in the car, perhaps a prop of some sort which would be parented, just thinking outside the box here.

Edited by XanX
1 minute ago, PandaGaming said:

Don't see any advantage of roleplay while just typing /sb when entering a vehicle... so it's a no from me...

There is no advantage, only a disadvantage of you flying out of the windshield and getting caught by the police for not wearing one, $1,000 fine.

Can't say I agree with this one. I could never get the same instinct to instantly put my seatbelt on when I enter a vehicle in game as I could in real life. 

When it comes down to it people should simply roleplay it correctly. Criminals would commonly not wear seatbelts while civilians would. 

Edit: Also, people always powergame it past the script or just generally forget. I think it should remain as is. 

Edited by HerpToTheDerp
  • Nervous locked this topic
  • Franelli unlocked and locked this topic