Resync/Repair car command

Sabess

I actually like the removal of /vpark, but I used to use it for repairing my car when somebody misclicked and broke a window or something similar, and when sync bugs out and the paint on the car decides to change or a car door magically falls off for some people. 

Not 100% sure how you'd implement this, but it'd be nice to get this functionality back!

edit: meant to put this in suggestions but i'm stupid, general discussion also kind of works though

Edited by Sabess

I can definitely agree with you.

The sync on RAGE MP isn't the best and desync errors like it can happen. 

I think that the step of removing the /vpark command was too early for now and I don't know what to say about it because the admin team probably have plans about vehicles in the server....

• Upvote 1

Personally, I wouldn't really like RPing that my door fell off because somebody climbed inside. It's not really realistic, and having to go the mechanic three times a day would be really tedious and expensive. Plus, at the times I usually play, there's rarely even a mechanic open. 

The removal of /Vpark does nothing but make people race to their property to repair their car and come back. I agree with Panda. It was removed way too early. I mostly used /vpark to reset my cars dust particles because for whatever reason, two minutes of normal driving gets the cars incredibly dirty which pisses me off to the moon and back, so being able to respawn it was useful to make it visually pleasing again. It makes no sense to waste $500 on a car wash at a mechanic's garage. Speaking of which, why is the wash even put at $500? 

Overall, the desync issue is too high to remove the /Vpark feature as it is. Entering an interior and exiting it usually leaves the car with lights turned on with no possible way of getting rid of it but to /vpark. Same goes for windows and dust particles. Let's not forget the doors falling off. Makes no sense to go to a mechanic claiming the "door fell off" for absolutely no reason. Not all mechanic shops are open either all the time, and the desync happens quite a lot.

Edited by JustAnM43

I've been playing on the lowest active hours and there has always been a mechanic shop open, really, if not even two or three. /vpark removal is one positive direction and it doesnt make people race to their properties - was /vpark'ing on spot better? Not really, no.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

I've been playing on the lowest active hours and there has always been a mechanic shop open, really, if not even two or three. /vpark removal is one positive direction and it doesnt make people race to their properties - was /vpark'ing on spot better? Not really, no.

It depends on people's schedules. This system isn't 100% proof. You stated in your previous reply that "you have to deal with that kind of stuff, and go to a mechanic to roleplay it." How do you expect me to go to a mechanic and tell him with a straight face that my door fell off for absolutely no reason, or that my lights are on permanetly or that the window's busted. They can't fix it either way. /vparking on a sidestreet or a property makes really no difference, and it influenced RP in no way. I've been doing mechanic RP for some time, and we've had incidents where people would clip onto a lift or a wall via desync and it would annoy them because it ruins the car's aesthetics. Would you want to have to pay $500 OOC because your car got desync scratched? I really doubt that. What about people that have no properties or when there's no garages open? It really makes no difference, but I guess we're working with this now.

I'd be OK with /vpark's removal, but only after the lag spikes and desync issues have been fixed RAGE wise, otherwise, it just complicates it.

Edited by JustAnM43
56 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Nuh uh, that'd be a blatant lie my friend. I'm in a UK timezone, I've been on the lowest activity hours a lot.. which are between 5am and 10am (dead hours when UK people are asleep/US people go to sleep) and I can promise you, there haven't been garages open. Not AutoExotic, Not Octane, Not Oceanview and Not GlassHeroes (GlassHeroes was open a 'few' times during those hours, when it was run by Oceanview, who are the previous owners of that garage but I haven't seen them open during those hours with the new owners/staff). But I mean, now, that the server has increased in pop, that might change.. which I'm hoping it does :l would be nice if it did :l