[LIST] Medical conditions and how to role-play them [WIP]

Cobra

Medical conditions and how to role-play them

During your time in GTA World your character will likely suffer from various injuries, diseases, mental illnesses...etc., depending on your role-play story and the things you, or others, do to cause these conditions.

Criminals and Police Officer characters for example are likely to suffer from violent injuries such as Gun Shot Wounds that could lead to mental illnesses like PTSD.  Athletes are likely to suffer from fractures that could lead to arthritis. A firefighter is likely to suffer from burns and smoke inhalation that could lead to cancer. And so on.

But sometimes it can be difficult knowing what's expected of you, especially as a lot of us aren't Medical Professionals or don't experience our character's more serious medical complications in real life. 

What's expected of you?

Generally

Medical conditions

Allergies

• Asthma

WIP

Injuries

• Gun Shot Wounds

A gun shot wound is physical trauma to the human body caused by firearms.

• Triggers: Being shot with a firearm
  • Side-affects: Bleeding, destruction of human tissue, bone fracture
  • Treatment: 

This topic is a Work In Progress.

The reason I've created it now is so that members of the LSFD, LSCD and the wider community can add contributions before I remove the WIP tag.

I am no medical professional in real life, but my LSFD experience can teach you the basics of what medical conditions occur, or could occur, in the server and how they can be role-played. 

If you have anything to add, please go ahead!

Edited by Cobra

People being more aware or ready to RP any sort of illness is always good, but I feel like the people intrigued by that RP already go out of their way most of the time to find out how they should/could do it. But hopefully this guide will inspire some who haven't yet to try it out!

What I'd really like to see, as someone whose RP ends up being mostly about medical calls, is people actually playing out pain. It's sort of strange to have people RP that they've just had a car crash and for example they've broken an arm and have a punctured lung and they're kinda just chatting casually or adding a few ellipses here or there. I've had a lot of people sort of insist in the middle of RP that their characters are very big and very stronk, but honestly, you're not any less of a man for actually feeling your broken limbs hurting.