Economy debate

Smilesville

Just now, KarMagick said:

Construction supplies is also a thing I believe, but I have no idea how that works, haven't touched construction at all.

They essentially require you to have a certain number of ores to create a building.

Requiring script food is a definite no from me, dawg.

Depletable scripted resources were supposed to be here in the form of taxes, but then they were rolled back into the economy via all this new GOV stuff, so it's back to square one unless they start slashing the types of taxes the GOV can actually use (or just have them only gain a percent of each tax.)

2 hours ago, KarMagick said:

Still no on scripted food. We're trying to move away from RPG jobs and you're hell bent on adding RPG elements such as scripted food. No thanks. LSRP has/had that and it was the most annoying thing ever, people having to dip from roleplay scenes because all a sudden the hunger script kicked in for the 17th time that day, it's ridiculous and unnecessary. What happens when people deem trucking isn't paying enough and they want to move on to something else, whole city of Los Santos starts to starve? No thanks.

As for car parts to fix cars, that's already a thing, except people don't bother reparing vehicles because 0.4 hasn't arrived to sync vehicle damage yet.

Construction supplies is also a thing I believe, but I have no idea how that works, haven't touched construction at all.

You don't leave the cinema RP scene to go and fuel your car? The food system in LSRP was bad just because it was not realistic. The timers can be adjusted. Like it or not but the server has to have heavy RPG elements to give players more motivation to play. Specially when there is 20 players online. That does not mean the players themselves should stagnate into someone who are unable to RP when the altercation arises or the staff would let people who don't know how to RP even join. All the scripts are like candy for us. It just sparks up the entire RP scenery. Did we really needed the kidnapping script? No we didn't, but no doubt it will spark things up.

Just now, Tr1bal said:

You don't leave the cinema RP scene to go and fuel your car? The food system in LSRP was bad just because it was not realistic. The timers can be adjusted. Like it or not but the server has to have heavy RPG elements to give players more motivation to play. Specially when there is 20 players online. That does not mean the players themselves should stagnate into someone who are unable to RP when the altercation arises or the staff would let people who don't know how to RP even join. All the scripts are like candy for us. It just sparks up the entire RP scenery. Did we really needed the kidnapping script? No we didn't, but no doubt it will spark things up.

What does car fuel and cinema have to do with one another? Nothing at all, so I really don't understand what you're trying to compare here.

As for the kidnapping script, putting someone in a trunk is definitely something that contributes well to the script, as it avoids nametag metagaming, allows for four people to be within the car while someone's stuffed into a trunk. You're making no sense lol.

8 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

I garrentee that if you added RPG elements to the server that most people would find it unenjoyable and leave. You need to keep in mind that when you suggest something that effects everyone they'll have thoughts and opinions on them and you need to keep that in mind. Everything you have suggested would literally make it impossible to roleplay my homeless character if they were implimented. 

Just now, HerpToTheDerp said:

I garrentee that if you added RPG elements to the server that most people would find it unenjoyable and leave. You need to keep in mind that when you suggest something that effects everyone they'll have thoughts and opinions on them and you need to keep that in mind. Everything you have suggested would literally make it impossible to roleplay my homeless character if they were implimented. 

Exactly. ^

When each and every character if different, it makes no sense to apply a script limit that is the exact same for everyone, and limits roleplay for certain people.

16 minutes ago, KarMagick said:

What does car fuel and cinema have to do with one another? Nothing at all, so I really don't understand what you're trying to compare here.

As for the kidnapping script, putting someone in a trunk is definitely something that contributes well to the script, as it avoids nametag metagaming, allows for four people to be within the car while someone's stuffed into a trunk. You're making no sense lol.

The point is that you don't always refuel you car after it drops under 100% and in real life you won't hang around the taco bell 24/7 or walk around with a bag full of hot togs incase you feel even slightly hungry. Hunger script would not be to limit you senseless but just force you to eat maximum 2 times a day and with that force you to consume the products. 

The kidnaping script is to give some visuals for the RP plus disabling some of the MG that can happen right? Well if the MG part is so much of a concern then why is all the refund, construction and PF license forums available for everyone to see?  I can literally spy on people on where they live and how much stuff they have and "randomly" rob them - and nobody could not prove a thing. Don't get me wrong. I love the kidnaping script but it also shows that ideologically the food script would be the same(I let you fine folk to draw the parallels.)

15 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

You can buy the food items OOCly and then RP finding them from the dumpster.

Also that's a pretty bad example. Its like I would say that I wanna RP a multi-billionaire but why isn't there a golden Ferrari and Boeing plane to buy in-game?

10 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

You can buy the food items OOCly and then RP finding them from the dumpster.

Also that's a pretty bad example. Its like I would say that I wanna RP a multi-billionaire but why isn't there a golden Ferrari and Boeing plane to buy in-game?

It's not a bad example as its something I actually roleplay and it would actually affect me. You can RP being rich with the assets already in game there's nothing limiting you. Unlike how if your RPG like suggestions were added in game it would completely make my character a hassle to RP. 

I understand that this would make civilian life more interesting however it would kill many other aspects and types of roleplay. Not to mention most people want to RP not play an RPG game. You need to take a step back and look at both arguments. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

It's not a bad example as its something I actually roleplay and it would actually affect me. You can RP being rich with the assets already in game there's nothing limiting you. Unlike how if your RPG like suggestions were added in game it would completely make my character a hassle to RP. 

I understand that this would make civilian life more interesting however it would kill many other aspects and types of roleplay. Not to mention most people want to RP not play an RPG game. You need to take a step back and look at both arguments. 

99% of the people are RP'ing someone who has access to satisfying basic human needs.  With your logic the scripted alcohol and drugs are limiting factors for both gangs and businesses. And to just RP them without consuming the scripted items is powergaming. But the fact is that scripted items help to bring them both truly alive. Give them the sense of being part of a chain.

Most of my time in LSRP was spent RP'ing a homeless crackhead too. And as I usually stole rims and radios from the cars, no one really wanted to buy them as they were...invisible items. Currently I am RP'ing a redneck trucker and I treat the iron ores as scrap metal and cables I scavenge or steal. Or just plain truck driver whos truck is being loaded and not a miner too who single handedly fills his truck with ores and refines them too. I just make the best out of it.

I guess my main concern is not even the food itself but as we are here in this thread to put out some ideas on how to make the economy more realistic, to make it cycle around the goods and money. The main formula is : depletable resources = demand

On 1/31/2019 at 2:25 PM, HerpToTheDerp said:

What your suggesting is removing the economy to suffice those who want to jump in with 1 hour and instantly fill the role of a wealthy billionaire......

You people keep saying RPG game as if that is not what your playing???????? Do you not realize that World of Warcraft economy is based on values created by real economists using real life variables that are by far more supportive of what this community keeps trying to fix by introducing something completely irrelevant? Supply and demand, services and reward? Commodities and consumables? All of these are a key factor in wealth and status???????????????????????? Or how about just simple political economics? Non existant.

GTA:WORLD.. ME, YOU, EVERYONE, entering a world with no real STORY or wealth and creating our own paths... That being said, without an effective progression based system to achieve wealth and status, GTA:WORLD will always be a virtual chat room where you may find a periodic bar fight, or some guy driving around a truck pretending to own a shipping business.

I can sit on here and rant... But instead I will provide some reading material that gives insight into REAL economic design within video games. You'll soon find that GTA:World has none.... Before you speak about game economics within an RPG (BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THIS IS, WITH A REAL LIFE GENRE), READ THIS.

http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1925649

While I did enjoy my time wasted on trying to run a Power Company within a community that has no other real RP business to interact with... It is only clear that the attempted development of this communities "economy" is based on administrative discord chat's that yielded good idea's instead of actual, professional design inspiration... Take RP jobs into account.. was supposed to be HUGE... Sounded cool... But what has it actually done to help this economy? Less pay, irregular player interaction on meaningful levels... Any path to progression? Nope....

It's funny because the administration has achieved this all on purpose... It's obvious that they don't want to have players with million dollar bank accounts, or running an ACTUAL business where they sell resources that THEY acquire based on their RP work/workforce..... They control everything.. Want a club? You have to lease it.. Want a sport's car? Sure, but we are going to make you pay a recurring fee for it that we know you cant afford........ Oh you want to live in that house? Oh no, that's a very expensive property..... And chances are that Power Company that we let you run.. well, your not actually making money for your role play... so, Sorry, you cant afford it.

Well at what point in time are we going to see some REAL mechanics that can be paired with hard work to achieve almost and endless goal? If I spend 1000 hours on this server repairing power lines will I ever be rich enough to move out of the ghetto utopia known as Nikola?? Nope...

GL GTAW...

Edited by Zane_Field
  • Upvote 2
  • Nervous changed the title to Economy debate
  • Nervous locked this topic