Economy debate

Smilesville

As someone who has been in the FD for some time now, I can partially agree with what's been said. However, what's kind of been ignored is the fact that the people in charge of the legal factions, and by extension FM, do come down heavily on non-RP use of money. My chaarcter has a slightly well-off background, and as such has a bit more cash to spare. I know members in the FD, who aren't as well off, do regularly either /charity, or give it back to the faction in some way, shape or form.

Insitituting hiring freezes, when the server is expanding is very much ludicrous, and very odd considering it's never happened before from a monetary perspective. At the end of the day, if people want to earn more money, there are ways of doing that legally, and illegally. We should have more businesses IG, to give players with the various time-zones we play in the chance to do more than just go to a bar, or club.

Just now, IsiasDemuro said:

As someone who has been in the FD for some time now, I can partially agree with what's been said. However, what's kind of been ignored is the fact that the people in charge of the legal factions, and by extension FM, do come down heavily on non-RP use of money. My chaarcter has a slightly well-off background, and as such has a bit more cash to spare. I know members in the FD, who aren't as well off, do regularly either /charity, or give it back to the faction in some way, shape or form.

It hasn't been brought up because it's a non-issue; I'm not concerned with how you're using that money or how much of it you /charity - I am concerned with someone explaining why you receive it at all. If it's true that they come down heavily on non-RP use of the money, why do you receive so much to begin with? Wouldn't it be much easier to solve the underlying issue than to root through every character's assets and use a subjective basis to determine whether they're using the funds properly or not?

3 hours ago, Smilesville said:

If it's true that they come down heavily on non-RP use of the money, why do you receive so much to begin with? Wouldn't it be much easier to solve the underlying issue than to root through every character's assets and use a subjective basis to determine whether they're using the funds properly or not?

Ah, this I have tried to solve. When I was originally drafting up the new checks, I was trying to balance it towards the economy we have at the moment. Base paycheck starting at 500 or 800. This was met by heavy resistance by the most of the faction. So in order to compromise, I tackled it by reaching a middle ground. The original base pay was 2100. This was steep, and I disliked it. It was already 300$ more than a PO1 was making in the LSPD. Now, I've managed to burn it down to a solid 1500. These paychecks are not what I'd prefer, but it is progress towards bettering this.

As for how the money is being used? This is under investigation constantly, and Faction Management and me  are constantly working to do so. Each and every firefighter signs a rp quality agreement upon joining the faction. Although, if we are not made aware that they are breaking the rule... It's rather hard for us to act upon it. The LSFD Internal Affairs and High Command team has our PMs open 24/7. And I am sure that the LSPD can say the same. These quality checks are constantly being made, along with activity checks. 

3 hours ago, IsiasDemuro said:

As noted by Klenova, who recently was promoted, we come down heavily on these types of things. But like I said before, if these aren't properly reported to me, I can't properly act upon them. I'd expect admins and testers to bring this to my attention, and if a player sees it I expect them as well. We are all players in this community. The constant conversation of why someone has this, and recently a spill the tea came out about a airplane being purchased by a FD member. The back stories and discussions do occur, so to avoid pesky drama like "Spill The Tea" tries to draw out of people, it'd do people some good to research some of the details behind the expenditures this person has made, or possibly the business/loan behind it.

As a final point to this all, a lot is under investigation in the LSFD. And if you see other players not properly portraying their wealth, the Player Management subteam and Faction Management subteam is there for reports, depending on the situation. I'd recommend speaking to the faction leaders before bringing it forward to the admin subteam, as some problems can be fixed without causing them.