Economy debate

Smilesville

• Nervous changed the title to Economy debate
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't read all the comments but..

I do agree that Government Employees should be paid only when reaching certain ammount of time On-Duty.

I'm new in the server and haven't played yet, but from playing in mta I'd go forward to add that, to promote legal enterprises (Although I don't know how it works right now), I would love it if shops gave a good ammount of passive income apart from any real (player) clients, in a way that shops and business clubs owners could be the richer strata, instead of Firefighters/Cops.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a club owner, I enjoy this type of RP, but I don't think i earn enough.

I love that extra 1k for each client thanks for that, but it's not enough for the job us club owners do, at least it's I have this problem. 

Basically I don't just spam openings, I do it once a week, I have all my staff members on Google docs and so on, one opening gets me like 30-40k, sounds like shitton of money right? Literally two openings and i can buy an apartment. No. 

I run the club with two other friends, we hire staff, we have bartender, security, DJ, we need to buy drinks, make giveaways trying to provide entertainment and RP for the server, in order to not waste time for our staff we pay a good amount that they deserve and should be paid considering servers economy, if we pay our bartender, bodyguard, DJ, waitress/entertainer it will leave us with like 10k to share between us,three owners. Club owners earns jack shit if they are dedicated and work hard. Yeah I could simply bartender myself, open every day, leave out bodyguards, play music on random chosen radio. But no I chose to have staff, because honestly i love when everything is detailed and realistic and i also want to give people a chance to RP and earn some money. So here's my little opinion on the economy, at least regarding businesses (not just clubs, bars, gym, tattoo shop, 24/7 probably have a similar problem) if anyone who relates and has an idea on how to fix this, let me know or make a suggestion. 

About your actual discussion, I agree that factions get it too easy, I fairly sure that a club owner owns more money than a police officer and I don't want the server to be focused on factions so much, as you said, if wages for factions were reduced and people leave, go on, they didn't deserve it anyway if they applied to be in a faction to get money for driving around and doing nothing. 

1 hour ago, Lance said:

I'm a club owner, I enjoy this type of RP, but I don't think i earn enough.

I love that extra 1k for each client thanks for that, but it's not enough for the job us club owners do, at least it's I have this problem. 

Basically I don't just spam openings, I do it once a week, I have all my staff members on Google docs and so on, one opening gets me like 30-40k, sounds like shitton of money right? Literally two openings and i can buy an apartment. No. 

I run the club with two other friends, we hire staff, we have bartender, security, DJ, we need to buy drinks, make giveaways trying to provide entertainment and RP for the server, in order to not waste time for our staff we pay a good amount that they deserve and should be paid considering servers economy, if we pay our bartender, bodyguard, DJ, waitress/entertainer it will leave us with like 10k to share between us,three owners. Club owners earns jack shit if they are dedicated and work hard. Yeah I could simply bartender myself, open every day, leave out bodyguards, play music on random chosen radio. But no I chose to have staff, because honestly i love when everything is detailed and realistic and i also want to give people a chance to RP and earn some money. So here's my little opinion on the economy, at least regarding businesses (not just clubs, bars, gym, tattoo shop, 24/7 probably have a similar problem) if anyone who relates and has an idea on how to fix this, let me know or make a suggestion. 

About your actual discussion, I agree that factions get it too easy, I fairly sure that a club owner owns more money than a police officer and I don't want the server to be focused on factions so much, as you said, if wages for factions were reduced and people leave, go on, they didn't deserve it anyway if they applied to be in a faction to get money for driving around and doing nothing. 

Some of the problems faced by businesses in Los Santos can be blamed on the economy sure, people don't have as much of a disposable income as they do on a server like LS-RP, however, blaming your business shortcomings solely on the economy is silly. While the economy could in some ways be improved, the current economy is still very business friendly, and most of the blame can be put on mismanagement of the businesses. The goal of every businesses is to monetize their customers, to ask, how can we extract more and more money from our customers? How do we build brand recognition of our club over all the other clubs that litter Los Santos? All these questions improve your revenue stream and aren't tied to the economy in anyway.

Host different events, encourage people to spend more at the bar, VIP packages, build a social media presence, cut spending, etc are all things you can do to increase the revenue from the customer. In my opinion entrance fees alone shouldn't cover the cost of opening a club or bar, Throwing the blame of bad revenue on the economy alone is just a cop out excuse on looking deeper into the problems of someones business. The truth is, the clubs that can't answer the questions above fail in real life as-well, as they do in Los Santos.

7 hours ago, VisioningHail said:

Some of the problems faced by businesses in Los Santos can be blamed on the economy sure, people don't have as much of a disposable income as they do on a server like LS-RP, however, blaming your business shortcomings solely on the economy is silly. While the economy could in some ways be improved, the current economy is still very business friendly, and most of the blame can be put on mismanagement of the businesses. The goal of every businesses is to monetize their customers, to ask, how can we extract more and more money from our customers? How do we build brand recognition of our club over all the other clubs that litter Los Santos? All these questions improve your revenue stream and aren't tied to the economy in anyway.

Host different events, encourage people to spend more at the bar, VIP packages, build a social media presence, cut spending, etc are all things you can do to increase the revenue from the customer. In my opinion entrance fees alone shouldn't cover the cost of opening a club or bar, Throwing the blame of bad revenue on the economy alone is just a cop out excuse on looking deeper into the problems of someones business. The truth is, the clubs that can't answer the questions above fail in real life as-well, as they do in Los Santos.

We reopened our club quite lately and i can't open it more than once a week rn, due to RL. I don't think we're mismanaging the club and i don't think you can call it "shortcomings" i just think that amount that club owners earn (or business owners in general) is nowhere near to the amount LSPD, Fire Dept and other legal factions earn even though it should be the other way around. And i agree that overall economy is business friendly, it's even more friendly to legal factions so there's no balance, as it is now, rich people of LS are mainly miners and cops instead of celebrities, business owners and so on. 

13 hours ago, Lance said:

One opening gets me like 30-40k, sounds like shitton of money right?

I feel like the issue should be; 30-40k /SHOULD/ be a shitton of money.

If we think about it this way; there are essentially two things to spend money on - Houses, Cars. These are the two things that most people want, and supply a status image, whereas IRL, things like clothing, jewellery, electronics ect. are a big part of your image. 

The average balance in the USA is $10,000. That's because you pay your mortgage/rent, bills, taxes, insurance ect and you're left with the remainder each month. 

The issue isn't the generation of money, or the amount persay, but the things you can spend money on.

There needs to be more things to spend money on, more of a reason to save.

The economy will never be good regardless of any paycheck changes, business system changes or anything like that - the economy will be good once there are luxuries to spend money on that are not houses or cars. 

6 hours ago, ICE said:

The economy will never be good regardless of any paycheck changes, business system changes or anything like that - the economy will be good once there are luxuries to spend money on that are not houses or cars. 

We already have luxuries to spend money on apart from these two - planes come to mind. I haven't seen a single individual purchase one who hasn't been a part of one of these legal organizations that dump cash on you, and that's part of the problem. Anything we introduce will either be readily available to the masses, or will only be available to PD/FD. That has to change before we can introduce any other sort of luxury and expect it to have the intended effect.

7 hours ago, ICE said:

I feel like the issue should be; 30-40k /SHOULD/ be a shitton of money.

If we think about it this way; there are essentially two things to spend money on - Houses, Cars. These are the two things that most people want, and supply a status image, whereas IRL, things like clothing, jewellery, electronics ect. are a big part of your image. 

The average balance in the USA is $10,000. That's because you pay your mortgage/rent, bills, taxes, insurance ect and you're left with the remainder each month. 

The issue isn't the generation of money, or the amount persay, but the things you can spend money on.

There needs to be more things to spend money on, more of a reason to save.

Agreed, mainly people want to get a giant property, guns or an expensive car.