GTAW 1.4 : Shaping 2019 & beyond

2 hours ago, Nervous said:

I expect most business owners to come and give me feedbacks about their income and their employees' income during the next weeks, so feel free to.

The issue is while some people don't really take the mechanic job seriously (e.g. /me lifts the engine out and drops a new one in) others do. Being a mechanic isn't a job, it's a profession and more people need to treat it like that. It's quite unfair that I do close to an hour of roleplay and the shop gets such a small amount of which has to be split between employees, especially considering more often than not traffic in and out of the building is slow even with /cad. Meanwhile bars and clubs get money for people walking inside. If we're making a closed circle economy why is there still a blatant money sink?

42 minutes ago, Conway said:

The issue is while some people don't really take the mechanic job seriously (e.g. /me lifts the engine out and drops a new one in) others do. Being a mechanic isn't a job, it's a profession and more people need to treat it like that. It's quite unfair that I do close to an hour of roleplay and the shop gets such a small amount of which has to be split between employees, especially considering more often than not traffic in and out of the building is slow even with /cad. Meanwhile bars and clubs get money for people walking inside. If we're making a closed circle economy why is there still a blatant money sink?

I'm pretty sure I wrote in many places that /pfee was going to be removed, however we're currently discussing it in the team.

As for being a garage owner, trust me you're making way more money than nightclub owners at the moment from the numbers I can see.

2 hours ago, Netsrac said:

I was wondering where I can post feed back about 1.4? 

If it's positive feedback I assume you can do it here. https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/forum/12-general-discussions/ 

If you got suggestions you can post them here. https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/forum/45-game-suggestions/ 

If it's bugs you want to feed back about you can post them here. https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/forum/297-game-bugs/

I'm not too sure this whole closed economy thing will work, especially if /pfee is removed for indoor businesses (since that's where the wages come from usually), I have a strong feeling this will plunge the servers characters (by which I mean all of them) into being completely broke/debt due to the masses of sinks that have been put in place. I mean, I could be wrong and we'll just have to see but at this point I would suggest lowering the prices of everything over time to match this closed economy and generally limited amounts of money that is available for people to use from now on. I can guarantee you, every business owner will be unable to keep staff should the /pfee be removed, simply due to the fact that they'll be unable to pay them and this is going to impact me personally quite hard, since my business isn't the type to bring in much money from players alone, like.. during my last opening which was really busy for us, I hardly earned $1,300 from the sales and that's really not enough to pay everyone (usually 3-4 people) for working during that opening, which means increasing prices in order to be able to do so, but if prices are increased, nobody will want to visit/have the money to buy product. And working at clubs, namely "The Vault" which obviously gets more visitors than my store, still wouldn't bring in enough money from drink sales alone to cover the cost of the staff wages for a full opening night.

I mean, I'm not saying this is a bad idea, I'm just saying this 'could be' a very bad idea, depending on how things are handled with the flow of currency throughout the server, especially with this injection being controlled by the government, which I can already see being corrupt in order to syphon money for themselves.

All I'm saying is, this is a dangerous thing to fiddle with and that's my two cents.

Other than that, great work on all the other updates and such. Still waiting on those "NORMAL" rims though, could've done more good with those than condoms rofl - jk, made me giggle with the condom implementation.

Edit: Adding on, how would this money injection work on the governments behalf? I hardly expect them to be like "Hey, you're doing good stuff with your business, here, have a bit of cash to pay your employees and all your supplies."

Edited by Shinto
fixed some typos
  • 1 month later...
  • Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic