GTAW 1.4 : Shaping 2019 & beyond

Before I detail the full changelog of version 1.4, I want to thank @Maple who developed the new CEF character creator before leaving the team, and also helped on fixing some last minute changes on it.
I also wanted to thank the community for being very patient for this update, as our last update was now a month ago, and 1.3 almost three months ago! And yet it still feels like yesterday to me.

This update is important due to the amount of time I actually spent on it. You all know I already have a busy life and a busy job, and yet I managed to spend 60 hours this week alone working on this update, which is kind of an achievement and I'll take some good rest this weekend! I initially wanted this update to be based around "roleplay jobs", being the update that will define our server future and shaping the directions we are taking for 2019.

It's not a secret that we will remove RPG jobs soon, hence why pushing more script support for roleplay jobs was important. As soon as we'll have balanced the jobs a bit and implemented the new trucking system, we will remove the RPG job to completely stop money from being injected into the economy through grinding.
Everything on the server is now made for new players and players in general to be able to easily find a job: through factions, recruiting businesses (NPC or player owned), online offers... You have lot of tools available to you to very quickly find different offers, as we also completely revamped our job offer system with a new persistent system for companies, businesses and players!

What does this mean for the economy? We will now work in a closed circle economy, where every $ will come from players. Government will keep funding important projects such as basic income, faction budgets for their employees payments, affordable housing program etc.. thanks to the taxes you are paying. All this is already implemented, but I know it is unknown to most of you.
I already see some of you claiming that a server cannot run on a closed economy due to inactive players, and that IRL we have injection of money into our economy. This is indeed true! We have decided to remove the injection of money that we cannot control (grinding job) and to inject money through two ways:

• Controlling the raw material stocks for the truckers
  • Funding the government, so that the money can be redistributed through legal means and projects

We plan to generate raw materials in warehouses that will be used for truckers to supply businesses, from this truckers will make some profits, and businesses will buy these raw materials to then make profits too. (Materials will be clothing, vehicles, drinks, food etc..). This money will then go down to.. employees, which are introduced in this update! And thus the entire economy gets its share.

That's our major plans for 2019: shape the server into a truly unique heavy roleplay server, from its roleplay to its economy, and be the first server to successfully entirely remove grinding jobs.

Now, back to 1.4 changes and why I decided to not only include roleplay jobs, but actually way more: Your feedback. I knew I had to go a step further to make you happy, and I tried to make everyone happy as much as I could. More animations? You get 200 more. Furnitures disappearing? All fixed! Missing /ame? It's back in! Animation synchronization issues? All fixed! Improve the new user experience? Done too, and some more work is being done! Rework the character creator? Also done! Fix driving exam? Done! Spikes? Fixed too!
This is what actually took me 60 hours these week, I wanted to go further for this update and make everyone happy, so I hope you'll be satisfied as much as I was happy of all my work here. As for our next focus, 2019 will be the year of illegal roleplay, since we have been working hard for legal roleplay so far! Enjoy the update guys, here is the changelog!

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 4
5 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Question, we won't be able to use the Creation tool outside the Character Creation? Because that menu would make wonders on adjusting the face..

I have the samw question! If it's available in the plastic surgeon that'll be awesome.

Edit: I see it is at the plastic surgery clinic. I may be tweaking Wendy again!

Edited by WendyRed
  • Upvote 1
Just now, KarMagick said:

image.png.2cf0cdaea2e338f3c02cacbf6da179bf.png
Why
im very confused
why

Are we getting scripted prostitutes
Is it going to refill our health
scripted STDs?
I have more questions than I previous did with this changelog now out
and I'm not sure I want any of them answered

I may or may not answer that question. No commands or bonus at all related to ERP are added though don't worry.

• Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic