Anchor command for boats and aquatic vehicles.

Syrike

Suggestion template

Short description: I am suggesting the implementation of a /anchor command for boats and seacraft.

Detailed description: For anyone who has ever tried to do any kind of boat or jetski roleplay they know that the tidal surges in GTA V carry the vehicle far far away from where you stop, as is the case in reality for unanchored seacraft. The addition of a /anchor script would allow people to have their boat or jetski frozen in place, not affected by the waves, tides and the desync that these two things bring, meaning that it will be in the place where the player sees it and won't have drifted 200 yards from where the server says it is, This would allow people to roleplay on boats, preventing the ever so fun desync that results in a person being tossed into the ocean through the floor of the boat and the desync mentioned prior where if a player dismounts their vehicle and it drifts off it becomes out of sync with the server with the player seeing it in one location whilst the server says it has not moved, this requires the player to /changechar to reset the sync.

Commands to add: /anchor and /unanchor (Could be a simple toggle function or implemented as a freeze on /anchor and an unfreeze on /unanchor)

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? The implementation of this feature would allow people to roleplay on boats and in the ocean without the hassle of desync carrying their vehicle off, it would relieve pressure on any admins who might have been called to this and it adds more incentive and ability to people who wish to roleplay around boats, waterways and the oceans that GTA V gives us.

Additional information: I noticed on discord that Andreas mentioned this as being a toggle already, however /anchor results in an ERROR: Command not found. notification in game.

Edited by Adrian Price
  • Upvote 3
13 minutes ago, Franelli said:

Not sure whether or not this is possible to implement scriptwise - I know the freeze feature is a bit buggy sometimes.

Would be nice to get some feedback regarding this @-Andreas.

I believe there's already a suggestion for an anchor system somewhere which I replied to. There's an API for setting the anchor of a boat, but I haven't tested it, but I'm guessing we can come up with something. So just forward unless there's one forwarded already.