Forbid driving on train tracks

King

As a police officer in the Air Support Division I noticed that train tracks are frequently used by criminals in pursuits in an attempt to lose the police. I feel as though this is highly unrealistic - especially in sports vehicles. Therefore I want to suggest either the implementation or the active enforcement of not driving road cars over train tracks. 

I was told that it already is against the rules to drive over train tracks, falling under either Common Courtesy or Powergaming, but have not seen anyone being punished for doing that. If that is the case, I suggest that incidents of players driving road cars over train tracks should be reported by witnesses and punished by admins. If it is not against the rules yet, I suggest adding that rule. 

This server calls itself strict roleplay and already disallows unrealistic driving such as doing jumps over ramps or driving road cars off road up steep hills which is why I find that driving over train tracks should be added as an example of what not to do in the In Game Rules section.

• Upvote 2

I definitely think that it needs to be better managed. This rarely happens in real life, particularly with Sports cars where the suspension is too low. 

How-ever I've seen pursuits where they've ended up on train tracks, this one even ended up going through the Metro tunnels in Los Angeles. So it's not unrealistic, it's just so much harder to do in real life. Here people do it like GTA Online. In real life vehicles have so many more complications plus there's trains you could hit. 

A common tactic is for people in pursuits to drive through the tunnels to lose AIR and then either send cops through a crash zone or get to a point where it's so unreasonable for officers to remain in the tunnel that the pursuit has to be terminated for officer safety reasons. This is ludicrous that a person can just drive into a tunnel and get away willy nilly with no repercussions, especially when it'd probably mean them being crushed by a train.

Whilst I would suggest it does fall under common courtesy / powergaming, people should be made aware that it is not okay through announcements or another medium. The issue in these cases is that the punishment for this when resolved over the forums is not enough that it means it's not worth the time of the officer to render a video and upload it, post the complaint, et cetera.

I thought the crash zones were fixed in Rage? I know they were a much bigger issue in GTMP but haven't crashed once due to the tunnels on Rage.

It should definitely be on a case by case basis, though. Trucks, off-roads, and SUVs will survive it. Motorcycles can also easily navigate the area just outside the physical track.

A lowered sports car with a bodykit will break a few things on the way.

If anything, the same rules as off-roading could apply to the tunnels/tracks..

Edited by Havana

Definitely agree it's unrealistic, especially for vehicles that have low suspensions. Like Regan stated above it is common sense and would go under the power-gaming rule. I also agree with Westen's point of making some kind of announcement or have it displayed somewhere so people can remember their 9F isn't going to be able to tackle the tracks.

• Rukka locked this topic