Shooty bangs

pulpo

Been poking around the forums and getting some hours down in game here and have had a few ideas of things I've wanted to do. When I looked at the businesses tab, I noticed there was a distinct lack of gunsmiths, gun store roleplayers, and all around anything pertaining to the LEGAL construction, transporting, selling, training, etc etc.

Is it wholly taboo for a player to attempt to start a legal firearm store? Is it impossible to do legally? Is the only legal way to get a firearm to go through the scripted stores? I didn't see any answers to this while I searched- apologies if I Hellen Kellered and totally missed somebody asking this same question. I'm also not blind to the potential abuses of such a store- I'm just curious if such a thing is possible at all, among the other questions.

With the new roleplay script thing coming along soon, I wouldn't say this isn't impossible. You can map it with the same system as the 24/7 that's been teased yesterday and would provide more roleplay.

Main thing would be getting admin approval and a step forward with it cause it's a sensitive issue. Got a feeling majority of the players would want to rob said business constantly just to get easy gun access, which can easily be prevented with rules.

It would be neat to have, but should be up for debate from the administration side of view.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

With the new roleplay script thing coming along soon, I wouldn't say this isn't impossible. You can map it with the same system as the 24/7 that's been teased yesterday and would provide more roleplay.

Main thing would be getting admin approval and a step forward with it cause it's a sensitive issue. Got a feeling majority of the players would want to rob said business constantly just to get easy gun access, which can easily be prevented with rules.

It would be neat to have, but should be up for debate from the administration side of view.

who robs a GUN store, honestly? that's the best representation of throwing rocks in a glass house

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Wisci said:

who robs a GUN store, honestly? that's the best representation of throwing rocks in a glass house

It happens in America. Not frequently, but I guess some people are indeed dumb enough to try rob the place, not realizing the majority of gun shop owners carry guns. Either way, was just a thought. I doubt the administration would declare a gun shop a safezone, making it a target for robberies.

Either way, I agree with you. It's pretty silly robbing gun stores, but it still happens.

The only legal way for a civilian to purchase a firearm is through the official stores, using their PF license. You can apply for one here.

If you'd like to suggest something new in regards to the process of legally obtaining a firearm - you're more than welcome to post a suggestion in the right section.

Since your original question has been answered I'm going to have this locked. Don't hesitate to reach out if you happen to have any more questions!