Archive

mala

38 minutes ago, Rybyn said:

The new one isn't even in yet. @Pascal, @Nervous or @Maple can you comment on please.

I know.. that’s the only reason I posted this, maybe the options on it can be expanded before it’s put in. Or maybe the current system can be reskinned. A lot of players who participated in a different server’s beta got to see that exact menu and it’s very limited. Just hoping this points out the shortcomings of it before it’s a permanent thing. 

1 minute ago, Havana said:

I know.. that’s the only reason I posted this, maybe the options on it can be expanded before it’s put in. Or maybe the current system can be reskinned. A lot of players who participated in a different server’s beta got to see that exact menu and it’s very limited. Just hoping this points out the shortcomings of it before it’s a permanent thing. 

That's also a separate server so don't expect it to be 1:1

• Upvote 1

Alright, let me clear a couple of misconceptions:

10 hours ago, Havana said:

The character customization system that is shown in the GtaW 1.4 teaser has been used and tested on a different server by several people

No, it wasn't. This is an entirely new character creator I made from scratch on top of the already existing system.

but you realize you can't manually blend two skin textures to use, it only lets you select one 'skin tone blend.' It also only lets you choose (1) male face and (1) female face to mix, much like GTA Online

That is not the case. You can still select from up to 46 faces on both Face One and Face Two, blend them, then blend the skin, just like you could in the old creator. (You can even see this in the video)

I believe it also lacks customization options for blemishes and complexion.

Everything is still there with the exception of opacity options for facial blemishes and aging. See-through acne isn't a thing.

The only things that were removed were some eye options that are regularly used for poor portrayal of a character. Complexion, Moles & Freckles and Body Blemishes didn't work in the first place and I plan on adding them back once they're fixed.

All in all, what did we lose?

• Some Naruto eyes
  • Transparent cooties
  • Menu options that did absolutely nothing or did something else (ex: Complexion didn't save, Moles would show correctly in the creator but they would turn into Freckles after saving your changes,  and you didn't see body blemishes while adding them due to having a fully clothed character)

The sliders are a bit wonky if you slide to fast or go off the track while sliding, but that's a CEF bug and we can't really do anything about it unless RAGEMP fixes it. (We told them)

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Maple said:

/snip

Okay. That clears this whole thing up. The appearance of it confused a few people and we thought it might have been related.

This can be archived, specially to avoid confusion. It was actually a case of assuming the worst. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Maple locked this topic