Bring back Robberies and Revamped it

Mytrix

Short description: Scripted robbery system like we had before, just more advance.

Detailed description:
So, I think it would be nice to bring back Robberies with a scripted system that doesn't need to go through the admins.

Yes, it's a RPGish system, but GTA is a RPG game in some way, and the most important, it's a game. Robberies always bring a lot of roleplay opportunities before, during and after it for a lot of people. This time, there would be more restrictions needed, but to compensate, we could make the reward more interesting too.

The restrictions would be depending of the type of robbery you make, but in general it would be:

• Timer : There would be a timer to receive your reward, you need to stick into a zone. Once the timer is done, you receive your reward. For most of the robberies, the timer would reset and you can stick there for more, but of course, that mean more chance for the cops to catch you and organize themselves. There would be a maximum you can earn of course.
  • Number of players : You would need X amount of players inside the zone to trigger the robbery, they need to stay in the zone too.
  • Number of cops : You would need X amount of cops online to be able to trigger the robbery.
  • Admins online : You would need to have admins online to be able to trigger the robbery, so the cops can ask for CCTV footage and if there is any issues.
  • Timer after the robbery : There would be a timer after the robbery, so you can't do any robbery during that time, like this, no chain-robbery possible.
  • Type of weapons needed : Depending on the type of robbery, you will need different weapons to perform it. Weapon will need to be equip and in your hands to be able to trigger the robbery. If you hide it, it will automatically cancel the robbery as well.

This way, you won't be able to chain robberies, you won't be able to wait for no one on the server to start a robbery without any risk, etc...

Here's the type of robbery I was thinking, feel free to suggest more. I will put number for timers, players, etc... There are just there as an example, I'll leave the STAFF and developers to decide them and balance...

Store Robbery: So we speak about 24/7, gas stations, barbers shop, clothing stores... Pretty much any small stores.

• Timer & Reward: You receive X amount of money every 45 seconds for a maximum of X amount of money. You can stay to get more until you reach the maximum.
  • Number of players: 1 player
  • Number of cops: 3 cops online
  • Timer after the robbery: You can't do any robbery for 1 hour.
  • Type of weapons needed: Any weapons, from a baseball bat to a knife to firearms.

Bank Robbery: We speak about Banks, of course.

• Timer & Reward: You receive X amount of money every 2 minutes for a maximum of X amount of money. You can stay to get more until you reach the maximum.
  • Number of players: 3 players
  • Number of cops: 6 cops online
  • Timer after the robbery: You can't do any robbery for 6 hours.
  • Type of weapons needed: Firearms, everyone need to have one.

ATM Robbery: We speak about all those nice ATM on the map.

• Timer & Reward: You receive X amount of money after 1 minute, it's a one time thing, can't stay for more.
  • Number of players: 1 players
  • Number of cop: 2 cops online
  • Timer after the robbery: You can't do any robbery for 1 hours.
  • Type of weapons needed: Baseball bat to break the ATM and get your reward.
  • Special note: For this, the ATM on the map would need to be script. It would be nice to be able to withdraw/deposit for ATM anyway! ATM could be not usable for a certain amount of time after the robbery.

Dealership Robbery: All the dealerships on the map.

• Timer & Reward: Here, the timer would depend of the dealership, more luxury one will have longer timer. You would receive X amount of money and a car from the list of the dealership at the end of the first timer, then you can stick for more money. So you receive only one car. That car can't be registered, owned or sell. You can use it for your escape and ditch it or you can bring it to a chop chop for extra cash. If you abandon the car, it despawn after 10 minutes
  • Number of players: 2 players
  • Number of cops: 4 cops online
  • Type of weapons needed: Any weapons, from a baseball bat to a knife to firearms.

Rental Place Robbery: Like the dealership robbery, just paying less.

• Timer & Reward: 1 minute, you receive X amount of money and a rental car on the first timer, then you can stick for more money. Again, you receive only one car. Can't be registered, owned or sold. You can bring it to a chop chop for extra cash. If you abandon the car, it despawn after 10 minutes
  • Number of players: 1 players
  • Number of cops: 3 cops online
  • Timer after the robbery: You can't do any robbery for 1 hours.

Refinery Robbery: So, we got three refineries, depending which one you rob from you will receive the type of material they refine.

• Timer & Reward: 2 minute, you receive X amount of refined materials. You can stay to get more until you reach the maximum.
  • Number of players: 3 players
  • Number of cops: 6 cops online
  • Type of weapons needed: Firearms, everyone need one.
  • Special note: You would need to have a vehicle with high storage capacity, like a mule. The refined materials would spawn on the ground, you would need to pick it up and put it in the vehicle.

Ammunation Robbery: This one can be controversial, but I think it would be a nice way for people to be able to get their hands on firearms. We could put a restriction that can only be trigger with an admin spectating the whole scene to be sure people roleplay correctly and with big restrictions.

• Timer & Reward: 3 minutes, you receive X amount of firearms, you can't stay for more.
  • Number of players: 4 players
  • Number of cops: 8 cops online
  • Timer after the robbery: You can't do any robbery for 24 hours.
  • Type of weapons needed: Firearms, everyone need one.
  • Special note: Like I said, this one could be trigger by anyone, but we could request for an admin to be present to spectate the whole process, unlike the other robberies who can be done without admin present but just online.

Commands to add: /robbery and any commands for the admin to be able to roleplay the CCTV and so. Robbery can be cancel by simply running out of the zone.

Items to add: Maybe more burglary tools that you would need, like to break into bank's safe, etc. ATM would need to be script so we can withdraw and deposit and rob them of course.

How would your suggestion improve the server? That would bring back some actions, stuff to do for the criminals and the police too. With all the restrictions, we won't have people chaining robberies or waiting for no cops to be able to rob without any risks. That will bring RP opportunities, people will need to organize themselves to rob a place. Yes, of course, some people won't be roleplaying while doing the robbery, but why should we punish everyone for that?

Additional information: For now, I would keep all the robberies possible in the city only, except for the refinery, until we have enough a big enough playerbase so we can bring back the Sheriff Department for the rest of the map. Like I said, all the numbers I mentionned are there as example, I leave that at the discretion of the STAFF and developers to balance the whole thing. I didn't put any number for the rewards either, but those would need to be high enough since robberies are HIGH risk crimes. If they are not high enough, people won't even risk it and they will prefer to stay hidden and farm their paycheck or scripted jobs.

"/report Hey I'd like to rob this store. Can we have someone to RP a clerk and supervise it?" works too as far as I know ?

If we put in such a system, the cooldowns should be over several days. Otherwise, everyone will start robbing over the day, and the police will not be able to do anything else but respond to robberies.

Since manual robberies were put... We had... 1 armed robbery... And it was 2 admins doing it, not even players.

There wasn't any restrictions with the automatic system we had before, and we had 2-3 robberies per day even on days where the player count was close to 200 online at the sametime! So I don't think with a system with restrictions like this one, we will have 20 robberies per day.

Edited by Mytrix
5 hours ago, Mytrix said:

So, I think it would be nice to bring back Robberies with a scripted system that doesn't need to go through the admins.

5 hours ago, Mytrix said:

Admins online : You would need to have admins online to be able to trigger the robbery, so the cops can ask for CCTV footage and if there is any issues.

I don't think these two things are compatible. How is this different than asking for an admin for permission to perform the robbery? I guarantee you the cops are going to ask for the CCTV footage every single time.

Not that many people used the old robbery system, mind you - it was so incredibly slanted towards the police with regards to the time it took to rob the joint, it ended up only being used when there were no police online since 95% of all other cases ended in arrest.

52 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Not that many people used the old robbery system, mind you - it was so incredibly slanted towards the police with regards to the time it took to rob the joint, it ended up only being used when there were no police online since 95% of all other cases ended in arrest.

This is why this need to be balance, so it's possible for people to successfully rob those place, it's all about balancing it... Maybe a chance that the alarm doesn't go off? Or that the alarm is delayed? Like I said, I'm all about balancing to make it more "easy" or "likely" for criminals to get away with it.

7 minutes ago, Mytrix said:

Maybe a chance that the alarm doesn't go off? Or that the alarm is delayed?

One could easily coordinate with an admin to make this possible, though - the point I'm making is that these things are already possible and that staff intervention in this particular matter is not necessarily a bad thing.

As someone who was one of the primary LEOs during the initial release of the server, I can't express enough my distaste for the automated robbery system. I've rarely had a quality experience from them especially considering people figured out how to 'play' around the times of the system. Some people had it down to a science I swear, every time it was off cooldown they would trip the alarm and be gone just before we arrived. And really, the only difference between this system and the old one is that you're enforcing a robbery timer on the player, otherwise most of these features were in the old system. The only reason there was ever a decrease in robberies was because they weren't really worth the reward versus script jobs with no legal risk. I'd like to see more activities for illegal players but I just think this isn't the right direction for such. 

So, one person saying it was too easy for the cops to catch the criminals... The other saying it was too easy for the criminals to be gone before the cops was able to be there?

Yeah, I understand the fact that this system doesn't always bring the best and deepest RP experience... But it brings a lot a fun, none the less and actions... And most of the roleplay it brings is BEFORE the robbery, if you doing it with other people, to plan it and after the robbery... During the robbery? Yeah well, either the cops or the criminals really has time to RP since time is the essence here... But none the less, it's a boost of adrenaline for both side of the medals... Yeah, one side will win, the other will lose... It's just a question of finding the right balancing between risk and reward for the criminals, without making it too easy for either side to succeed.

Like I said, all the numbers and time I put up there were just for example... We can make it not possible to rob more than once a day if we want...

Only thing I'm saying, since the implement the manual robbery system where you need to ask an admin, there's been NO ROBBERY at all, it's totally dissuasive to go through all this for the little reward you can get at the end of it...

It was an extremely RPG feature that should never have been on the server in the first place. It was rarely roleplayed well and the amount of times it was actually used well is too minuscule to justify keeping it. Robberies should be player to player actions instead of dealing with NPCs and scripts.