Group Texts

Sapphire

Short description: Basically, I think we should include some sort of group texting so that an SMS can be shared with a group and all the phones listed in the group will be sent the message, and have access to reply. There are sometimes where I find myself wanting to organize something IG, but would end up having to send a bunch of texts or resorting to use of a radio, which may not be the best/most realistic option depending on my location and what my character is doing.

Detailed description: Just like adding contacts, I would love the ability to add a group text. It would save under group texts, and be visible in /contacts under the listed contacts as a group. You would /creategroup [#] [#] [#] etc.. And that would save as a contact and remain in the listed contacts unless removed by the player. Then all you would have to do is /sms [Group Name] And the phones listed would see it. 

The numbers listed in the group by the creator (after the first text), should automatically make a group in all receiving contacts, to where the receivers can respond with the same /sms [Group Name] and talk as as if it was in /r, you're not actually talking. 

Commands to add:  /creategroup [Name of Group] [Number/Contact] [Number/Contact] [Number/Contact]

/sms [Group Name] 

Possibly: 

/deletegroup [Group Name] and/or /blockgroup [Group Name] depending on what others say. Basically so you don't have to receive a bunch of texts when you don't want it. 

Items to add:  N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Multiple ways I think. Like I mentioned before, /r when you want to talk to a group isn't always the best option. Sometimes you're in a crowded area and rping whipping out a radio to talk to a group isn't realistic. Either cause you probably wouldn't have it turned on or even on you, or your character wants to mention something to multiple people without it being overheard. Can probably think of applications for business organizing something, PD/detective stuff and so forth.

Additional information:  N/A

Edited by Sapphire