GTA World Player Counter

Illusory

Just a little update for you guys. The playercounter now shows the live uptime for the server on the tip right corner next to the current server time:

image.png.8689194c49b0dbd46f533ebf9c678591.png

Enjoy ? - Just as a note if you get any errors after the update or don't see the live uptime, just clear your cache for unhostile.com and it'll show right up

Edited by Sush
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Very cool! What language was this written in?

In case you're still wanting suggestions, you could try and predict future server activity based on variables such as historical data (e.g. previous day and the same day last week), and use forum activity (online members) as a predictor for server activity, assuming these have a strong numerical correlation with one another. On top of that, you might be able to control for the corona virus period, in case your predictions are jarred by unusual activity now that everyone is home.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:35 AM, Henning said:

Is it possible to track how frequently businesses are open on the server? I feel like that information overlay-ed on top of this would be incredible interesting to see.

That would be difficult to track as GTAW doesn't have any API that the public can access. So I don't really have any way of seeing which businesses are open at what time. 

On 3/19/2020 at 5:51 AM, The Dirty Duke said:

Very cool! What language was this written in?

In case you're still wanting suggestions, you could try and predict future server activity based on variables such as historical data (e.g. previous day and the same day last week), and use forum activity (online members) as a predictor for server activity, assuming these have a strong numerical correlation with one another. On top of that, you might be able to control for the corona virus period, in case your predictions are jarred by unusual activity now that everyone is home.

The average is usually a pretty good indicator of what a 'normal' day would look like. I had a plan on doing averages based on days of the week but that wouldn't be for a little while as that'd require a fair amount of programming. Definitely something I'd be interested in though.

As another update: As the server growth has been insane the last couple weeks, I've just added in another feature where if the player count goes higher than the current highest number it will update the graph instantly. Before, it was only taking datapoints every ten minutes so if the player count got above the current highest within that 10 minute span and went back down again, it wouldn't be recorded as the new highest. This should be resolved now.

• Upvote 2
  • Giga locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic