• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Sush

GTA World Player Counter

Sush    16

Hello all,

Just as as hobby project I've started collecting historical data for players online GTA:W over time. As of 28/12/2018 I only have around a day and a half of data, but the plan is to run the program continuously. This is more of a curiosity than anything else. If you want to see player count information for yourself you can find it here: https://unhostile.com/playerCount/ - Data is captured every 10 minutes. This uses a public RAGE-MP API and is not affiliated with GTA:W in any way. 

Here's a screenshot of what it's like so far: (Please ignore the average, I don't have enough data yet to have it formulate properly)

unknown.png

I'll be adding a couple extra little features for those interested in the coming days. If you have any suggestions please let me know!

Edited by Sush
  • Upvote 13
  • Thanks 2

Frezemis    30

Interesting! It kind of gives us an idea of how many players are around the times we normally play.

Scorgasmic    5

Nice project. This can become useful to determine the best times to play online if you want to play with more people.

Sush    16

The average is starting to get much better. I expect it to be a good indicator at around the 14 day mark (Jan 11th)

Law    44

This should be pinned in discord for new players to view instead of having to constantly ask when the peak time is, what the peak number of players is per day and so forth. Would help people get an idea of when to come online if they're looking to engage in roleplay with masses.

• Upvote 1

Big_Smokes    10

I like this man, cool project. Keep it up.

luna    78
On 1/2/2019 at 2:08 AM, Law said:

This should be pinned in discord for new players to view instead of having to constantly ask when the peak time is, what the peak number of players is per day and so forth. Would help people get an idea of when to come online if they're looking to engage in roleplay with masses.

Definitely agree with Law here. Stellar idea though as it’s interesting to see, nice job!

Nath    1

Amazing work man. Would be great to see the graph integrated into the UCP.

Notbond    96

I really like this, it's super interesting. Thanks for this great contribution.

• Upvote 1