Reset AFK (restore old system)

Velora

I just wanna throw a quick suggestion that we restore the old system for resetting AFK.

The current system is flawed and only adds to the work load of the admins, who are forced to check on the numerous warnings that will pop up.

As a result, I would like to see the option for players to reset their own AFK status be returned for everyone's benefit.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

All it takes for a player is to respond to a PM and their AFK status is reset. From the admin side, it's a PM and /resetafk. It's honestly not an issue to deal with as an admin. If we allow players to reset their AFK status again it's just an easy way of avoiding the AFK system and farming paychecks. All someone could do is tab in every few minutes and type /resetafk and we won't know any better.  

Could an admin notification be scripted in every time someone resets their AFK status? Sure. But that will result in more spam than the current system. It's fine how it is. 

This was denied by Nervous last month too. I'll leave it up for discussion for now though.

On 11/26/2018 at 4:09 PM, Nervous said:

The current system is honestly not that bad, the spam isn't here on admin side and while we sometimes do get some AFK messages, 99% of them are real. This is not a priority atm.

• Upvote 1

Was already suggested and denied due to the reasons mentioned above. If it's not much of a hassle for the game administrators to deal with, I wouldn't consider this an issue to begin with.

Only thing that actually bothers me, as a player, is seeing the kick notifications as a result of an extensive AFKing all over my screen, and for that I have already posted a suggestion nearly two months ago.

• Maple locked this topic