Multiple Hospitals

Jam

Multiple Hospitals  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So a fella such as myself has been thinking, instead of only having one hospital why don't we have multiple? Reason being is that if I'm RPing in Paleto Bay (which I am) and I end dying I don't got to spawn all the way back in Los Santos. I really think that for us simple country folk that we can get a hospital in Paleto Bay at this location...

WN09aLA.jpg

And if possible maybe even add a hospital in Sandy Shores? That way no one is struggling having to return to their beautiful country side properties on foot due to lack of Uber/Taxi services at the time.

Now I can see this working in one of two ways, we can either have it so that you spawn at the nearest hospital (which would be more realistic) OR you can spawn at the hospital of your preference? Either way I think we need more hospital locations.

Edited by Jam
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

While I don't have anything against getting another couple of hospitals around the map in order to provide a closer respawn point for recently deceased characters, I would like to point out that spawning in Los Santos' hospital does not seem wrong / inappropriate from my point of view.

We're talking about a small town here that would most likely not have a proper hospital & suitable equipment for advanced medical operations and surgeries in place. That means, characters may often be transported to a more appropriate hospital on several occasions (including being shot down / brutally wounded) for a better medical treatment, so spawning within the the main hospital of Los Santos after dying makes sense really.

I'd like to hear more from the community regarding this as this is worth a discussion.

Edited by Franelli
Formatting Fixed

We are after all in 2018. Hospitals can take care of most problems you will have. Including being shot or brutally wounded. All depends on the situation. And since this is the US all depends on your health insurance or money in the bank. Dead people generaly don't pay for expensive operations. That's all IC issues though.

I'm all for multiple hospitals. Sometimes one just needs a respawn. For example admin activity is low and/or you died alone where none probably won't find to RP with you. So I don't see there to be a reason for the other hospitals to not work. Unless it is a scripting issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't see why not. As to for what Franelli said, well, even small towns have hospitals nowadays. Sure, they might not have /all/ the neccessary equipment and stuff, they can treat some wounds. This would also give the FD chances  for, lets say, airlifts. Imagine, somebody being shot at Mount Chilliad, they immediately get transported to Paleto hospital for treatment until FD comes and picks them up to transport to LS hospital.

5 hours ago, Franelli said:

We're talking about a small town here that would most likely not have a proper hospital & suitable equipment for advanced medical operations and surgeries

37 minutes ago, Pogis said:

even small towns have hospitals nowadays. Sure, they might not have /all/ the neccessary equipment and stuff, they can treat some wounds.

Small towns may have hospitals, certainly. What about the staff though? Doctors, surgeons, medical personnel, etc. ? At the moment, LSFD does not have enough staff to justify opening a new hospital. 

Where will the funding come from to open a new hospital and pay to staff it? 

It's my personal opinion that, being the heavy RP server that we are, if there is a need for a new hospital out in Paleto Bay folks need to band together and create one. They should appeal to the Government for funding and so on. 

If there aren't enough players interested in the concept then it's safe to say there aren't enough people to staff a new, modern hospital. 

Franelli said it all.

All I wanna add is that there actually is an hospital in Paleto, the same one on your picture. FD is even acknowledging it(Was treated there once). But the thing is that you probably own a dirt bike and because of that die a lot. It can be frustrating while living in Paleto. I know that feel. What I did was mastering the bike riding so I just don't fall and die almost at all.

Just so more people don’t either get confused or accidentally derail the topic, the suggestion is merely for a closer respawn point rather than actually having people treat you. No one roleplays actual hospital staff but rather the outcome of the injuries if I’m not wrong. 

From experience, a hospital with staff wouldn’t work too well with the current PK rules and the frequency of injured.

I would like to vouch for a hospital in areas that are harder to get to such as Paleto Bay or Sandy Shores since they already have medical center buildings.

Or perhaps if you’re being taken to the hospital there by FD, don’t respawn and get an admin to revive you?

• Upvote 1

I believe in FD we do acknowledge all if not most hospitals on the map, as we must take patients to the closest hospital for treatment. I think having the idea to have multiple hospitals to be able to respawn at would be handy if you die in a far to reach area.

What would also be handy is to have the hospitals appear on the map. I remember starting out in FD trying my best to remember the exact location of each hospital as only Central LS MC is on the map. I have them memorised now, but it's a difficult thing to get used to for new members of FD.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Hollywood said:

Small towns may have hospitals, certainly. What about the staff though? Doctors, surgeons, medical personnel, etc. ? At the moment, LSFD does not have enough staff to justify opening a new hospital. 

Where will the funding come from to open a new hospital and pay to staff it? 

It's my personal opinion that, being the heavy RP server that we are, if there is a need for a new hospital out in Paleto Bay folks need to band together and create one. They should appeal to the Government for funding and so on. 

If there aren't enough players interested in the concept then it's safe to say there aren't enough people to staff a new, modern hospital. 

Well if we are going to talk in the terms of being a heavy RP server wouldn't opening up a hospital be up to the local town government/people instead of the Los Santos government which is its own city? Also as for funding it would come through taxes and if we are being realistic a town such as Paleto would have people living there to fund it, even if we got to RP them as NPC's.

7 hours ago, Law said:

Just so more people don’t either get confused or accidentally derail the topic, the suggestion is merely for a closer respawn point rather than actually having people treat you. No one roleplays actual hospital staff but rather the outcome of the injuries if I’m not wrong. 

From experience, a hospital with staff wouldn’t work too well with the current PK rules and the frequency of injured.

I would like to vouch for a hospital in areas that are harder to get to such as Paleto Bay or Sandy Shores since they already have medical center buildings.

Or perhaps if you’re being taken to the hospital there by FD, don’t respawn and get an admin to revive you?

All this above 100%.

All I really want is a place to spawn at that is nearby because whenever I die no one is online to actually RP it and take me to the hospital. Last time I RP'ed an injury the PD had to take me to a hospital and all I did was RP NPC's taking care of me.