Legal Penalty for a CK

Smilesville

22 hours ago, eyebrows said:

Just lol. Unfortunately, a few of the people contributing have clogged the actual discussion up with unnecessary comments.

I don't see this happening yet. Not until we have DOC and the law to back it up from IC POV. Something that should be treated as, and petitioned for, on an IC basis.

Your post here comes across as quite dismissive of the constructive feedback given by players in this thread. Is there a reason you seem very hostile to what is being presented here?

Smilesville's suggestion is very reasonable and really would go a long way towards balancing the factions and presenting the type of deep, immersive RP the server strives for. Right now, things are, bluntly, not very realistic in some situations. Namely, law enforcement is denied the opportunity to have real teeth to truly enforce the law so criminals literally get away with murder. How is this in any way contributing towards the heavy RP this server is known for?

14 minutes ago, WendyRed said:

Your post here comes across as quite dismissive of the constructive feedback given by players in this thread. Is there a reason you seem very hostile to what is being presented here?

Smilesville's suggestion is very reasonable and really would go a long way towards balancing the factions and presenting the type of deep, immersive RP the server strives for. Right now, things are, bluntly, not very realistic in some situations. Namely, law enforcement is denied the opportunity to have real teeth to truly enforce the law so criminals literally get away with murder. How is this in any way contributing towards the heavy RP this server is known for?

I think you know exactly why I have such an attitude toward certain remarks made as you personally have been part of the issue of no consequences to certain actions.

The suggestion would be wonderful if we had a DOC as I stated earlier. The only way to push it sooner without DOC is IC through government action because I won’t be vouching for it OOC any sooner than necessary that’s for sure.

2 minutes ago, eyebrows said:

I think you know exactly why I have such an attitude toward certain remarks made as you personally have been part of the issue of no consequences to certain actions.

The suggestion would be wonderful if we had a DOC as I stated earlier. The only way to push it sooner without DOC is IC through government action because I won’t be vouching for it OOC any sooner than necessary that’s for sure.

The first part of this reply was uncalled for and reflects poorly on you as an admin.  

The second part is simply you restating your prior position but you, yourself, note it can be done IC through government action. I find it curious that the Admin in charge of illegal factions is making it very clear she will fight against consequences for IC murders for said factions. Most curious indeed.

1 minute ago, WendyRed said:

The first part of this reply was uncalled for and reflects poorly on you as an admin.  

The second part is simply you restating your prior position but you, yourself, note it can be done IC through government action. I find it curious that the Admin in charge of illegal factions is making it very clear she will fight against consequences for IC murders for said factions. Most curious indeed.

Sorry you feel that way.

I find a lot curious but it would reflect badly on me as an admin to post. It’s a shame but god forbid I tell people to deal with something IC if they want it sooner, right? Shock horror! I understand why people want it, it’s already in the works, but we have no correctional facility to aid prisoner life imprisonment roleplay which I’m an advocate of.

2 minutes ago, eyebrows said:

I understand why people want it, it’s already in the works, but we have no correctional facility to aid prisoner life imprisonment roleplay which I’m an advocate of.

I don't mean to sound rude when I say this, but when I joined the server back in.. maybe August/September time people were still saying the exact same thing you're saying right now. "It's in the works." I understand that things take time to implement, but what I don't understand is why measures can't be put in place to help fix something that players find bothersome temporarily. It just seems a very strange way to handle things by just gritting your teeth and bearing with it until something permanent is put in place.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, eyebrows said:

Sorry you feel that way.

I find a lot curious but it would reflect badly on me as an admin to post. It’s a shame but god forbid I tell people to deal with something IC if they want it sooner, right? Shock horror! I understand why people want it, it’s already in the works, but we have no correctional facility to aid prisoner life imprisonment roleplay which I’m an advocate of.

Prison roleplay could be interesting and add an all-new facet to the game. But right now, there is a serious imbalance and it is causing issues with immersion. Let me give you an example: Around 15 people saw some faction members gun down a police officer. In broad daylight. They then carved their gang number into his neck. 

15 witnesses. Body cams. Broad daylight. There was a bank nearby which means security camera footage was probably available. And those who did it are still out and about. Now, for the cop it was only a /pk as far as I know but still how is this immersive? How is this heavy roleplay? Sure, an argument could be made that many of the witnesses didn't come forward, but there is still the police car dash cam, the officer's bodycam, the security cameras from the bank, etc. 

The larger point is right now illegal factions have zero fear of the police or consequences of their actions. They know that at most they'll have to play an alt for 2-3 days even for very serious crimes. You mention telling people to deal with something IC and that's exactly what is being proposed here. That police have the In Character power to enforce real, true consequences for IC murders (and I'd say for other very serious crimes personally.) Your stance here doesn't fit your own words honestly. 

Edited by WendyRed
On 2/22/2019 at 7:01 PM, milk said:

I don't mean to sound rude when I say this, but when I joined the server back in.. maybe August/September time people were still saying the exact same thing you're saying right now. "It's in the works." I understand that things take time to implement, but what I don't understand is why measures can't be put in place to help fix something that players find bothersome temporarily. It just seems a very strange way to handle things by just gritting your teeth and bearing with it until something permanent is put in place.

It's not as simple on our end. If it was we'd have a solution by now. If it seems strange to you feel free to apply for staff and forward suggestions. There are a lot of factors to consider which obviously aren't covered on the players' end (not that we expect them to be) so naturally not everything goes through after staff reviews it. 

On 2/22/2019 at 7:07 PM, WendyRed said:

Prison roleplay could be interesting and add an all-new facet to the game. But right now, there is a serious imbalance and it is causing issues with immersion. Let me give you an example: Around 15 people saw some faction members gun down a police officer. In broad daylight. They then carved their gang number into his neck. 

15 witnesses. Body cams. Broad daylight. There was a bank nearby which means security camera footage was probably available. And those who did it are still out and about. Now, for the cop it was only a /pk as far as I know but still how is this immersive? How is this heavy roleplay? Sure, an argument could be made that many of the witnesses didn't come forward, but there is still the police car dash cam, the officer's bodycam, the security cameras from the bank, etc. 

The larger point is right now illegal factions have zero fear of the police or consequences of their actions. They know that at most they'll have to play an alt for 2-3 days even for very serious crimes. You mention telling people to deal with something IC and that's exactly what is being proposed here. That police have the In Character power to enforce real, true consequences for IC murders (and I'd say for other very serious crimes personally.) Your stance here doesn't fit your own words honestly. 

You seem to use the term "Heavy Roleplay" quite a lot which is a bit ironic. 

Any faction including whichever gang you're talking about need to adhere to strict FM regulations in terms of RP quality. If you think their RP doesn't match our standards then simply report them. 

eyebrows' stance absolutely fits here because as of now there's no real solution to the problem. A temporary solution which isn't ideal for us won't be considered as a solution. 

Keep discussing a solution by all means but don't take anger out on admins

Edited by Nervous
1 hour ago, Ethanol said:

Any faction including whichever gang you're talking about need to adhere to strict FM regulations in terms of RP quality. If you think their RP doesn't match our standards then simply report them. 

The issue wasn't the RP in the moment. It was a very tense situation and it was obvious that if something didn't change it was going to escalate to violence. It's the type of thing you see in both real life newscasts and on movies and tv and the RP fit that type of situation. I mentioned it because there were no consequences afterwards other than maybe a few hours of jail time. It doesn't explicitly fit the thread topic as the cop was only PKed (I think) but it is illustrative of why this suggestion came up, because there is a lack of consequences for this type of RP right now.

All for crime having consequences and committing serious crimes being a pondered decision. For example, as an outsider when it comes to illegal factions, the general illegal vibe (of course, speaking in broad terms) feels like one of straight up violent war against Legal organizations rather than simply trying to avoid them and do their illegal stuff, which I find really breaks the immersion greatly.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1
On 12/17/2018 at 2:26 PM, Topinambour said:

There would be a few things to take into account. It would be exceedingly easy for someone with a "trashable" character - one they don't care about at all - to get killed and choose to CK. Then, if the death row system or "life in prison CK" system works the same way the current arrest system works (the cops pretend you did something, slap you in jail, you're screwed, good luck appealing)... I'm not sure how viable it could be. It would need to have a LOT of safeguards along the way to avoid destroying RP, instead of creating and encouraging it.

Be careful about what you do IC'ly then. Actions have consequences. If you wanna go around robbing, and stealing from people then jail should be a real possibility for you.

Edited by Devastate
  • mj2002 locked this topic