Legal Penalty for a CK

Smilesville

I think the laws as a whole need a major revamp. As of right now there are just NO consequences to doing crimes.

Gangs should be wary of dealing with police, not fully militant and aggressive like current ones are.  Criminal factions are declaring all out war on PD and FD and yet, they get caught they only have to serve a few hours in jail? How does that make any kind of sense?

• Upvote 1

I agree with other posters here. Right now gangs are running rampant on the server because law enforcement has very little power to actually control them. Some gangs are shooting cops almost daily and pretty much nothing happens. If we're a heavy RP server that really needs to apply to all factions and scenarios or it starts to break down the immersion for all involved.

Take my character. She is wanted by a gang and it may or may not be a CK. If they kill her the most that will happen legally is a few hours in jail. This is in spite of the police being very, very aware of the threats on her life. This isn't the fault of the police. This is server rules that do not adequately portray consequences for criminal activities.

Edited by WendyRed
On 12/17/2018 at 9:22 PM, Smilesville said:

Simply put - if murdering another character results in a CK, then the penalty for that crime should be a "life in prison without the possibility of parole" CK. The only reason I abstain from mentioning the death sentence is because California politics are such that it would never become law, but life in prison absolutely would. The ability to permanently remove a character from the server should not come without the potential for an equivalent consequence.

In a situation if you are caught by the law after performing a CK on another yes then I'd agree with that.

Just lol. Unfortunately, a few of the people contributing have clogged the actual discussion up with unnecessary comments.

I don't see this happening yet. Not until we have DOC and the law to back it up from IC POV. Something that should be treated as, and petitioned for, on an IC basis.

4 minutes ago, eyebrows said:

I don't see this happening yet. Not until we have DOC and the law to back it up from IC POV. Something that should be treated as, and petitioned for, on an IC basis.

We do have a court system already; a good middle ground might be to allow the "Jail CK'd" character to return if an appeal returns in their favor and the charge that landed them there is removed. I agree there's a bit of a disconnect with regards to how we explain, from an IC POV, how a PK differs from a CK - but I've always been of the opinion that in these circumstances it's fine to have realism cede for something fun and fair.

• Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic