Legal Penalty for a CK

Smilesville

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

As such I expect cops to not Play 2 Win 24-7 like they always do. Meaning if they were outsmarted accept the defeat and post BOLO. As it stands right now even when you run from a Lone officer that is not paying attention  for a second after he cuffed you it is considered non rp. Which happens in real life.

If you see events like that occurring, I would suggest you make a faction report, a report through the forums or inform Legal Faction Management. I’ve had people fight with me as a lone officer and if they get the upper hand and flee? I accept that and move on, if other officers don’t accept that and continue to press their luck and are evidently playing to win or simply complaining when you make a -valid- attempt to flee while handcuffed, bring it up with an admin or go through the channels I’ve mentioned above.

If no one assists in singling out the bad, then nothing will be done.

24 minutes ago, Ylva said:

That’s true, but you’re in a roleplay setting. Death in the line of duty is a thing, but simply being removed from your position with no possible hope of rejoining will not only demotivate the player, it will whittle down the LSPD as some people will not and do not find it enjoyable to constantly start from scratch.

You’ll not only end up with under qualified people in place to fill said spots that have been made vacant, but a lowering of the general quality from the LSPD as a whole. There have to be constant numbers coming in to fill the gaps that are lost, by doing so eventually the standards must be lowered to compensate due to the fluctuating numbers of PD members being killed off for once again, doing their job in a roleplay setting.

Man ppl are still saying this when there are plenty of ways around it to make it appealing for all sides. 

Why would there be no possible hope of rejoining a faction? CK == entirely new character, of course players would be able to join back just not on the character they died on. If players don't want to constantly start from scratch then players can start constantly taking appropriate measures and not playing like Max Payne. From my time playing, the state of server. It consists of gang members that drive around in quads and dirt bikes, players who role play females and because so consider it appropriate to drive around in 300 thousand dollar sports cars(?) not to forget male characters that either also have an over the top sports car or lifted hummers, the Wolf of Wall Street investors, and the racers that tune up their cars to the absolute max.. throwing on the sickest spoilers and livery, maxing their cars out to the absolute best possible and topping it all off with some sick neon lighting.

There's no real middle-class, it doesn't exist and death? Well that's not even a factor right now. Gang wars or beef in general is so pointless because it's merely an /acceptdeath respawn feast killing the same players repeatedly, over and over.. until both sides decide to come to 'peace'. And that makes sense how? Death means absolutely zip and how exactly do police officers role play their PK's when dying on the job? Does everyone in the faction just pretend it didn't happen? Really it goes for all factions. We all just ignore death because it's meaningless. 

We could be doing so much better but the immersion factor is hardly there, its almost like GTA:O with role play. Almost everyone wants to have the 'most dope' and prettiest rides, or almost every gang member wants to be the baddest street nigga catching bodies left and right.

It's a problem when even factions have to encourage and remind players to role play their assets realistically. All i'm seeing right now in regards to high standards is people who know how to type out /me, /do, /ame and are proficient in the English language while the more important role play characteristics are missing.

But almost everyone seems to be worried about losing a couple players for the sake of what would lead to a higher quality. 

4 hours ago, 1357 said:

Quickly scrolling through facebrowser only to find more than a handful of user uploaded photos which honestly sums up 95% of the cars players decide to buy and regularly drive around in.

H7SvIbkITwUdiSOpjMi1_18_88a3c70e121bec99d4d98d27ce26c2d8_image.png

NiJTZU6FcCUrNxzMj4uv_18_7e09e9cbd86661e0b333b2ea58ddbe81_image.png

SHr7E8lUDBCFWSSUTuJK_18_8617f01b3298e52ce0779abe23181561_image.jpg

2qHonBGItC4VjwlIUU3b_18_fa7eb711ab52eacd615e79d38aa92443_image.jpg

x9ENuzIdoCdxktDu8ofw_18_bbeedbc1ab5c8a8c28d7d91f497fc7c5_cover_full.png

I can find within less than a minute instagram accounts of people that drive better cars than this daily, what's your point?

There's no real middle class because there server has 180-270 players during peak times, in the USA the population is about 332 million, that's why the middle class exists.

10 hours ago, DeadlyMask said:

I can find within less than a minute instagram accounts of people that drive better cars than this daily, what's your point?

There's no real middle class because there server has 180-270 players during peak times, in the USA the population is about 332 million, that's why the middle class exists.

Yeah, there's no real middle-class not because the server doesn't have 332 million players(?), instead because players get 200 thousand within less than 2 days of playing and 9 times out of 10 that money gets dumped into the most expensive car they can afford.

A player gets all this money thrown at them and they're expected to spend it all realistically, well the problem is that instead, all that $ encourages players to do rather the opposite, especially without doing anything for it and not to mention 5 thousand for 40 hours is too fucking much and makes no sense from a perspective of logic. Out of every basic sum, we landed on 200000. Did we go through every mathematical standpoint or was it just "Give players 200 thou that should be enough". Well not only is it enough, it's too enough

If a server wants to encourage players to role play realistically then A START is either by reducing the amount of hours until they stop receiving the max income or reducing the amount they receive p/hour.

Simple multiplication shows 1000 * 40 equals 40 thousand(kool look at him dad hes smart!). 40k gives you access to a car and a place to rent or 1250 would be 50k, which is still more than enough while not being over the top for basics. One could argue 200k is for housing and a car, but 9 times out of 10 no one cares about housing and they just want to drive in something fast and lowering the number isn't going to hurt anyone other than these types of people who live in their foreign Nissan Skyline with under body lighting doing 200 and getting into car chases.

I'm not saying nobody should be allowed to buy these kinds of cars, i'm saying that not everyone should have the ability to just because they saved up their paychecks for 40 hours. Lower it, and get on the people who do drive these cars and see if their story checks out, or just let it continue. 

Oh and remove radios except for factions that actually require them such as LEO/FDMD. No one in the real world goes around with a walkie talkie and communicates regularly with a dozen other members, or limit the frequency range.

8 hours ago, 1357 said:

Yeah, there's no real middle-class not because the server doesn't have 332 million players(?), instead because players get 200 thousand within less than 2 days of playing and 9 times out of 10 that money gets dumped into the most expensive car they can afford.

A player gets all this money thrown at them and they're expected to spend it all realistically, well the problem is that instead, all that $ encourages players to do rather the opposite, especially without doing anything for it and not to mention 5 thousand for 40 hours is too fucking much and makes no sense from a perspective of logic. Out of every basic sum, we landed on 200000. Did we go through every mathematical standpoint or was it just "Give players 200 thou that should be enough". Well not only is it enough, it's too enough

If a server wants to encourage players to role play realistically then A START is either by reducing the amount of hours until they stop receiving the max income or reducing the amount they receive p/hour.

Simple multiplication shows 1000 * 40 equals 40 thousand(kool look at him dad hes smart!). 40k gives you access to a car and a place to rent or 1250 would be 50k, which is still more than enough while not being over the top for basics. One could argue 200k is for housing and a car, but 9 times out of 10 no one cares about housing and they just want to drive in something fast and lowering the number isn't going to hurt anyone other than these types of people who live in their foreign Nissan Skyline with under body lighting doing 200 and getting into car chases.

I'm not saying nobody should be allowed to buy these kinds of cars, i'm saying that not everyone should have the ability to just because they saved up their paychecks for 40 hours. Lower it, and get on the people who do drive these cars and see if their story checks out, or just let it continue. 

Oh and remove radios except for factions that actually require them such as LEO/FDMD. No one in the real world goes around with a walkie talkie and communicates regularly with a dozen other members, or limit the frequency range.

Just avoid these types of roleplayers then.

Do you know what I do? I simply avoid them, and at the end of the day, it is an IC issue, not an OOC one.

• 4 weeks later...

From an RP perspective a CK is no different to a PK. You killed someone. The difference is that with a PK it becomes a "nameless individual" in your place concluding whatever lead to the situation. In a CK you are the dead one. 

How would you handle both situations differently from an IC perspective? Besides forever jail is as stupid as "all deaths are CK". There is about 15+ years of GTA RP experience to tell you why that is, not kicking off the 7th discussion about it this year. 

• mj2002 locked this topic