CCTV

Triple Seven

n 11/1/2019 at 3:23 PM, Mitch said:

bumpers

+1

I don't quite understand this rule either. If consent was required from the other party, security camera monitoring and safety companies wouldn't exist. I am legally allowed to have cameras on my property for a lawful purpose such as home security. I don't have to get consent from anyone to use security cameras on my home (which I actually do). Businesses can do the same thing, as long as its for a lawful purpose.

There is no expectation of privacy in an outside area around your house or place of business. As long as the camera doesn't record someone inside their house, bedroom, bathroom, living room, etc., having security cameras is 100% legal and very common in the United States.

@Nervous or @Keane maybe can elaborate. I read that a new version of rules was being worked on. This should definitely be looked at.

Edited by Kestalas

I think this was allowed when we were able to put furniture outside, If I remember correctly, I was allowed to RP my cameras outside of La Mesa as I had installed them rply as well as having the cameras places on the exterior using the furniture system. 

The new version of the rules is being worked on at the moment. The rules around CCTV are changing for sure. The following changes are what I am suggesting internally, and it still requires a review of the staff team and permission from Nervous to update the rules.

For interiors, as long as there's an actual camera object present it has to be roleplayed. It's up to the owner of the camera and where the footage is stored to provide the footage to anyone else.

For exteriors, we'll have to see if exterior mapping is possible with this new RageMP update. If it's possible, we'll require a CCTV object for anyone wishing to roleplay CCTV on the exterior of their properties. Again, it's on the owner to provide the CCTV footage to other people. For unowned cameras or unowned properties with cameras, the footage can only be obtained with a warrant or other form of judge's order as there are no players to interact with. 

If outside mapping causes lag like it did before, I'll probably get a section on the forums where properties can show where they have cameras installed on the exterior. This makes it fair for both parties as it gives the owner a chance to roleplay CCTV and gives anyone on the other side of the CCTV a way to work around the cameras. 

Keep in mind that these are only my ideas and it still has to go through a discussion. Things can change between now and when the new rules are actually released.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
17 minutes ago, Keane said:

The new version of the rules is being worked on at the moment. The rules around CCTV are changing for sure. The following changes are what I am suggesting internally, and it still requires a review of the staff team and permission from Nervous to update the rules.

For interiors, as long as there's an actual camera object present it has to be roleplayed. It's up to the owner of the camera and where the footage is stored to provide the footage to anyone else.

For exteriors, we'll have to see if exterior mapping is possible with this new RageMP update. If it's possible, we'll require a CCTV object for anyone wishing to roleplay CCTV on the exterior of their properties. Again, it's on the owner to provide the CCTV footage to other people. For unowned cameras or unowned properties with cameras, the footage can only be obtained with a warrant or other form of judge's order as there are no players to interact with. 

If outside mapping causes lag like it did before, I'll probably get a section on the forums where properties can show where they have cameras installed on the exterior. This makes it fair for both parties as it gives the owner a chance to roleplay CCTV and gives anyone on the other side of the CCTV a way to work around the cameras. 

Keep in mind that these are only my ideas and it still has to go through a discussion. Things can change between now and when the new rules are actually released.

Would be dope if we could bring outdoor furniture back, it brought a new level of aliveness to areas.

36 minutes ago, Keane said:

basically this

1 hour ago, Keane said:

Looks awesome. I appreciate the work you're doing. Thanks for the response. Here's to hoping exterior mapping is possible ?

• mj2002 locked this topic