CCTV

Triple Seven

I believe this should be changed so that if there is an actual camera there, the CCTV can't be avoided, if there is no camera object then it should be up to the parties involved. Also I would like to see some public security cameras added throughout high crime areas, like, clearly marked ones or some traffic cameras at certain intersections, since let's be frank here, if you want to take a walk IRL from point A to point B, you are probably being filmed 95% of the way there by security cameras.

Edited by Rozi

I would also like to add that police is free to use cruiser dashcams without consent ( or I was lied to? ) so I don't see why other vehicles wouldn't be able to use dashcams as well ( maybe add it as a feature, just like GPS that you can install at garage? )

12 hours ago, DjoleK said:

I would also like to add that police is free to use cruiser dashcams without consent ( or I was lied to? ) so I don't see why other vehicles wouldn't be able to use dashcams as well ( maybe add it as a feature, just like GPS that you can install at garage? )

Police cruisers are indeed allowed to use dashcam without consent, you were lied to boi

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Rozi said:

Any updates on this? I don't understand why this rule exists anyways. In my opinion, if there is an actual CCTV OBJECT, there should be no OOC way of avoiding that.

Even the object is not needed, rather then it should be based on realism, some kind of a map needs to be made. I mean the airport don't have any planes going in and out of it either but still we consider it as a airport and RP those planes. Same with the ship cargo terminal and many more.

@Nervous

I agree that maps need to be made. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you go have a walk in ANY city on this planet, chances are that you will be filmed by CCTV cameras every second of your walk. On GTAW CCTV cameras are just a myth and a thing that encourages play 2 win behaviour

Edited by Rozi
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree, this should be enforced in any place where CCTVs were roleplayed being placed and there is a camera object to support it (as otherwise the player could claim he had no way of knowing the camera is there). If there is an out-of-character conflict, out-of-character evidence will need to be provided to confirm the actions happened in the sight of the camera and then the camera footage can be roleplayed.

• mj2002 locked this topic