Non-RP Driving

xanx

Wanted to make a suggestion about adding specific and defined rules for non-rp driving which can fall under the power gaming category, however, I feel like it requires its own place. These set of rules will set up a standard for both admins and players to follow without having prolonged discussions about what is and is not non-rp driving.

I have my fair share of experience when discussing this subject with both players and admins and what I can gather is that each individual follow their own discretion and have their very own opinions. Having said that, the purpose of this suggestion is to make sure that all parties conform to one specific standard which saves a headache for anyone involved in these kinds of situations and also making admin decisions fair.

The set of rules will define which areas are realistic enough for people to drive on or through and how to realistically roleplay vehicle damages, therefore we can suggest the following ones which I'm sure most will agree on:

• Non off-road vehicles (such as compacts, coupes, industrial, motorcycles, sedans and sports) are to not drive up steep mountains or hills without the use of dirt paths or roads. (Exclusion made for industrial vehicles for mining purposes in mining zones.)

Spoiler

J3lwZXM.png

Gp91lw1.png

• Vehicles that are low to the ground may not drive on off-road terrain for extended periods of time. If the said vehicle finds themselves on off-road terrain during pursuits, their priority is to get back on a dirt path or normal road as soon as possible.

• Vehicles that are low to the ground may not drive through areas with high-levels of water without the appropriate roleplay as flooding of both the engine bay or cabin may occur. (Locations include but are not limited to: L.S river, lakes, rivers, seaside beaches and oceans.)
Spoiler

Bo5ZtEF.png

• Vehicular accidents with other parties may be skipped as long as all parties agree upon it.

• Any catastrophic vehicle accidents at speed or great intensity such as vehicle rollovers, head-on collisions or side-impacts (T-bone collisions) with other vehicles, buildings or immovable objects like trees or poles must be roleplayed appropriately.

• Any vehicle accidents such as sideswipes and rear-end accidents with other vehicles, buildings or immovable objects must be roleplayed accordingly with the force and location of the impact.

• Any vehicle accidents which include jumping / falling off cliffs and taking jump ramps with great airtime or height must be roleplayed appropriately with an immobilised vehicle upon colliding with the ground beneath.

• The use of the underground tram or train passageways in any vehicle is strictly prohibited. (Both trams and trains in the city must be accounted for.)

• During pursuits, it is prohibited to use the train tracks which protrude up from the ground as a means of escaping the police for extended periods of times. (Exclusions are made for crossing the train tracks where the road intersects and the short duration of travel in between two sets of tracks or beside the tracks themselves on the gravel patches with both trams and trains being accounted for.)

These are just some of the suggestions for this specific rule I could think of, if you have any of your own, post below with your suggestions to potentially have them added to the list if appropriate. If you have any second thoughts of the currently suggested rules for non-rp driving, also let me know down below!

Edited by XanX
1 minute ago, Franelli said:

Getting into a vehicular accident with another player can be skipped as long as both parties agree with it. Other than that everything you have mentioned in common sense really.

That specific rule is already added under common courtesy I believe, though it should fall under this category now too therefore I added it to the main post.

It is common sense, though it's not written down anywhere. Wouldn't hurt to add all of this to the server rules! ?

Honestly, there needs to be more ruling on roleplay driving. I've seen police chases where the guys are pummeled to death by LSPD like a fucking demolition derby tournament and I've seen people do crazy shit in chases against them. I've also had people crash into me and hit me with the /b skip automatically and get salty when I don't skip.

• mj2002 locked this topic