Snow for Christmas?

Nervous

Even though I personally voted yes for the amount of RP possibilities it could bring with freak weather/climate change/whatever ya want, can we all just keep it civil and remember that even though we may have differing opinions, we are all here for the same reason? Roleplaying and enjoyment of said roleplay? In the end of the day, if the admins say "no snow" then we're not having snow. Causing a fuss about it like spoiled children or a self-absorbed revolutionist proves more harmful than helpful. This is no different to saying "no jetpacks" to a poll saying "let's have jetpacks". Some people may want them, but the admins don't. The end.

If you think admins are "out to get you", and coming from a position of having been an admin for a much smaller community than this, remember that they are doing this because they want to. Most times it's like work, and not personal enjoyment. They do this to serve us, the players, out of their own personal time.  Let's please stop "throwing our toys out of the pram" in knee-jerk reactions of "HEY ADMINS DONT AGREE WITH ME IT MEANS THEYRE POWERHUNGRY HITL4RZ".

P.S. In the words of the legend: "Why you have to be mad? Is just game"

• Upvote 1

With Global Warming happening, thus is possible.

No one can predict wherever it's going to be an extremely warm christmas or extremely cold.

So I say Yes! 

It'll give more festive roleplay feeling. 

Events happen as such.

If any of you 'realism keepers' are still worried, I guess you can all roleplay global warming ?

Let's look into it on Quora from a trusted source.

image.png.42b4f40a8529c78f3c5d1802172c73fe.png

Now as seen, last snow fall was recorded at 1962, January 21. 

Read "It is an extraordinarily rare occurrence that is seen once every 50-60 years".

Now let's do the math, the year is now 2018.

Let's add 56 (Which is inbetween the 50-60 year mark where it states it typically snows) onto 1962.

Which gives us 2018.

I believe it didn't snow last year in LA. (55)

Therefor it's theoretically due.

Edited by Cleo

The way I see it is;

It's only 1, 2 or 3 weeks out of a whopping 52 weeks.

Lets have a reason to bring some interesting and different role-play for the festive period, it'll certainly motivate me and others to get on more this Christmas period! 

I'm up for a snow-fight!

actual_1418674660.0.0.jpg

• Upvote 1