Snow for Christmas?

Nervous

6 minutes ago, Velora said:

I dont get why people are freaking out so much.

Granted, i've only read the past few pages (most recent) but I don't think anyone is freaking out.

There's just a general concern that if snow is added for any extended period of time that folks will ignore it in their day-to-day RP.

I don't see any problem with having snow for, let's say, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as @Rybyn suggested. That's just festive fun, no harm no foul. 

Having weeks of snow is a completely different story. 

If you think it breaks immersion for it to snow for a week in December when it snows literally every time the admins all sign out for up to hours I don't know what breaking immersion is. Yes. Why is there no vote with comments disabled.

Edited by Scav
  • Applaud 1
12 hours ago, Atiku said:

I would strongly disagree with the assertion that roleplay ≠ realism in the case of heavy roleplay. Heavy RP is extremely hard to describe and is fairly subjective, however, I would say there are several key elements that make it up:

• High quality emotes and English skills: this is the most basic and is sometimes mistaken for roleplay itself. The act of doing /me and /do is not roleplay, it's just the means by which roleplay is portrayed. Nevertheless, doing it well is a feature of what would make roleplay heavy.
  • Character development and design: characters need to be more than a reflection of yourself in real life doing /me and /do, they need to be their own people with personalities, development and well thought out traits. If their traits and activities change, there should be good reasons for it and it should be realistic, rather than just hopping from job to job and having a resume as long as Homer Simpson's.
  • Realism and portrayal: this is often what is ignored and often divides medium and light from heavy roleplay. Characters, groups and the setting should be realistic (in the instance of GTA V RP, obviously Star Wars RP would comply with Star Wars canon, etc.) and grounded. A well researched and portrayed faction that simply wouldn't exist in real life or exist anymore would be medium roleplay. A character that is consistent and does not break rules but is beyond unlikely to exist in real life again would probably come under medium roleplay.

Realism and portrayal is many ways is what separates a heavy roleplay server from other servers; however, other factors can come into play too. Realistic portrayal is probably the biggest thing people ignore when constructing their characters, such as having so many traits and characteristics the character ceases to be grounded or is simply not consistent. An example of this is with factions, factions really need to be something that could exist on the West Coast in 2018, while you could make an Inuit gang that follows a La Cosa Nostra structure, no matter how much research you did and effort put into the character design it would simply not be heavy roleplay.

We are a heavy roleplay server and want to promote heavy roleplay. While snow would be fun and provide roleplay on a medium RP server, it isn't something that we should promote here. As some people have mentioned, a couple of days of snow may be a compromise; however, a full month of snow would simply be farcical and hypocritical for a server that emphasises realism. Snow would seriously undermine our image as a server for heavy roleplay.

Man look at this fucking essay, somebody hates Christmas.

16 minutes ago, TeodoraMk said:

It doesn't matter that winter is coming at your country. We're roleplaying in a city where there wouldn't be snowing. 

I mean, by some of yall logic, there should be snow in Dubai as well this period of the year. 

Um we're roleplaying a city in a fictional Earth where the US went to war with Australia and beer is called Pisswasser

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Rensai said:

Um we're roleplaying a city in a fictional Earth where the US went to war with Australia and beer is called Pisswasser

Just to correct your irrelevant point about the beer brands and the war that the country has been in, we aren’t roleplaying that on GTA World so your point isn’t really accurate for the server.