Snow for Christmas?

Nervous

Y'all say it's a West Coast based environment is fine and I'm sure we all agree with that, but it still snows on the West Coast. It might not snow as frequently in LA but I'm not sure LS matches the longitude of LA. LS is an island and can be anywhere along the West coast, so why not just have it around here?

lhCCz1w.png

Clearly, the only objective part of the discussion is the fact GTA:W has seen snow last year. Whatever immersion, realism or the lore of the original GTA you deem as you please, it does not change the reality of players' characters from '17 witnessed the full effects of winter and blizzard. Why would it now affect the continuity of your subjective heavy role-play, if your characters are not unfamiliar to the conditions?

Instead, come up with a solution that would please everyone. Make it snow, but not for weeks. Let the players enjoy the change of climate, but don't break the immersion by lasting the weather effects for a full month. Taking last year into consideration, I'm fairly certain players would not say no for a few days of twist.

• Upvote 1

Yes please. Some people on here need to lighten up, constantly posting negative posts with stinky arse attitudes. If you're posting saying it's unrealistic due to the climate then why does rain happen every single day in this climate, it only rains thirty five days a YEAR in LA. Lighten up, it's Christmas. At the end of the day, we all come here to roleplay, why? Because it's fun. This little snowy period is a bit of fun for a short period, it'll be nice to change it up.

17 hours ago, Ethanol said:

You have to remember that we're RPing Los Santos as a west coast city in the US. The odds of it snowing in the area we set Los Santos up are VERY low. 

Imagine someone RPing in a server which portrays Mexico and seeing snow. That's basically what will happen to the server. Continuity will also be broken because it wouldn't make sense for it to snow. It snowed once around the area in the last 100 years. 

As said in my first reply, don't be too rigid, for the sake of a Christmassy atmosphere just enable it, let players have fun, but don't let them drop roleplay standards during interactions. I think the people of a city on the west coast, like L.A. would love if it snowed come Christmas, this game has the tools available, why stop from being creative?

We all know that in a battle between The Grinch and Santa Claus, Santa would always win! Give people their Christmas present a little ahead of time and Let it Snow! Ho! Ho! Ho!

if roleplaying and portraying a realistic character in a realistic and believable universe isn't enjoyable to you i don't think GTAW is the right place to be. i don't agree with everything being 100% realistic, but i do agree that realism, especially in the weather, should be enforced, otherwise you're trying to portray a realistic character in an unrealistic universe

I honestly don't understand this big fuss about the weather. Sure we base Los Santos of California, however Los Santos is still a fictional place. Christmas happens only once a year and 1-2 weeks of snow out of 52? If you're being so negative about that then that's a bit low as you're destroying the fun for others.

We had snow last year, why did our weather suddenly turn around to sunny 24/7? 

The arguments of this being a heavy RP server are true but aren't we here to have fun after all?

• Thanks 1

Snow sounds good. It gives the map a different, and quite beautiful, feeling ^^ 

Now, some people's immersion may be "broken" by it, but at the same time, their immersion is broken whenever someone sneezes in a way they believe is wrong, so... since they can never be happy with anything, might as well just go forward with it, and they'll survive just fine. 

I'm sorry if I sound like a bitch but Los Santos is Los Angeles with the names changed and snow has nothing to do with Christmas!

My character lives beside the Watts Towers. My character attends the University of California, Los Angeles. When I'm driving around it's impossible to miss the Hollywood sign or the Chinese theater.

Let's try to celebrate Christmas the way our characters would. Isn't that a fun challenge? There are literally over 2 billion Christians in the world and they don't all live in Canada and Europe.

(EDIT: lmao we're obsessed with snow, I got enough IRL)

Edited by Caracosa
  • Upvote 1