Snow for Christmas?

Nervous

You all joined knowing quite well the standards expected of you were heavy roleplay standards. It’s a little too late to complain now and say that it’s “not fun because it’s too serious.” I don’t order a Subway salad only to complain afterwards because I didn’t get given a foot long Meatball Marinara.

24 minutes ago, Maca said:

It affects continuity. One moment we tell someone it’s not okay to run a faction because it wouldn’t exist on the West Coast and then we tell everyone it’s okay to have cute snowball fights and make snow angels in the road.

Remember when people thought The Council was fun? I also remember how immersion breaking that was too.

The thing is I understand where you're coming from and I agree, if you know me or have ever RP'd with me you'll know I'm all about heavy RP but snow is one of them things that comes across as better for RP, compared to say a faction with silly ideas that don't make sense. 

Not only does it add a ton more RP scenarios and the possibility for different events, it also keeps things fresh and allows players to experience almost an entirely different type of unique RP that you can't possibly get at any other time of the year.

Once again I understand the need for "realism" but when you kill the fun of a potentially great seasonal event that could add a lot of RP to the server, that's where to me it goes a little too far.

If I wanted a 1:1 of real life I'd step outside, you can't argue realism over and over again with some of the characters  I've seen on this server that still run around doing the weird stuff they do. 

Edited by Liam_Airey
  • Applaud 1

But again, whilst I appreciate that you’re also somebody that values heavy roleplay, it’s largely hypocritical for us to go from roleplaying random wild fires here and there to roleplaying snow out of buttfuck nowhere because Santa Claus decides to fly over with his magical ass reindeers for one day per year.

It’s almost like saying “ah, let’s give everyone a free pass to fuck around for a day because it’s all in the name of FUN!”

2 minutes ago, Maca said:

But again, whilst I appreciate that you’re also somebody that values heavy roleplay, it’s largely hypocritical for us to go from roleplaying random wild fires here and there to roleplaying snow out of buttfuck nowhere because Santa Claus decides to fly over with his magical ass reindeers for one day per year.

It’s almost like saying “ah, let’s give everyone a free pass to fuck around for a day because it’s all in the name of FUN!”

Well what's your opinion of the vehicle tax and such? 

That came from "buttfuck nowhere" and shouldn't even be a thing if we're technically in California, hell I'd say that's even more unrealistic then snow if you asked me.

I don’t know where “we’re in California” has came from because nobody has ever claimed that here. We’re saying we roleplay as a city on the West Coast of America.

I’ve expressed my distaste for the vehicle tax beforehand and I’ll happily express it again. I don’t agree with it, never have. 

Just now, Maca said:

I don’t know where “we’re in California” has came from because nobody has ever claimed that here. We’re saying we roleplay as a city on the West Coast of America.

I’ve expressed my distaste for the vehicle tax beforehand and I’ll happily express it again. I don’t agree with it, never have. 

Well if you're saying we're on the west coast, you're obviously pointing down south with this giant issue you're having with having a day or two of snow, anywhere upward you do get snow. So it's quite clear that ya'll are saying "We're basically California."

I totally disagree with the snow addition. Yes, it's because it doesn;t snow in LA, and I consider LS to be LA. plus it would kill my RP if it did... But yeah I dislike the idea, I don't support it.

Though I'd support a random wild fire, yeah why not that?

Edited by Chuck Lee
1 hour ago, Shinto said:

Point out Los Santos / State of San Andreas on the United States Map - At best, you could RP Los Santos as an Island off the coast of US, governed by US laws, which we don't seem to RP properly anyway.

So just like Puerto Rico and Hawaii? Both of which are islands off the shores of mainland United States, both of which are Governed by the United States and both of which are incapable of accumulating any sort of snowfall at low altitudes due to their location.

8 minutes ago, Shinto said:

You're talking about things that last for long periods. This is snow we're talking about, it melts - and nobody here has ever said "Los Santos is now the new North Pole with Santa running around in sleighs to murder and rob the children of their toys" (would make a fun DLC for online though lol).
Is 2 days, of snow, that doesn't have to stay for long during those two days reaaaallly going to kill every single piece of reality that comes with real life weather? The snow can be RP'd as sleet too you know?
And yes, EliH is absolutely dead on. People will eventually stop playing when the game turns into hassle by becoming too real. If you're trying to make it so real, then fix the economy to real amounts earned and real pricing, fix the car market, the house market, the current economy is a complete shambles, 90% of the population, including LEO's would be in jail or prison for various crimes, small or large.. if you want the weather to fit the so beloved LA everyone thinks this is, then fix it and have people actually looking at the weather forecast for LA instead of tossing in the occasional rain whenever they feel like, which is daily, which as I've already previously pointed out, wrong.

Contrary to popular belief, the utilization of a video game as an engine to promote roleplaying doesn't make the act of roleplaying a video game. The repetitive excuse of "it's a game" is invalid. Individuals willingly apply, get accepted and join expecting roleplay, if they expected a video game they would remain on the original platform or join some other server which do not hold the standards we "apparently" have.

I, like many, am going with the option of no. We are roleplaying in a climate that does not permit the accumulation of snow and as witnessed last December, the majority of people I roleplayed with ignored the snow and acted as if it wasn't there. And due to this, I believe the majority of the people who "want" this will become tired with it only hours after it would be introduced and thus, they will not maintain the continuity of snow. If snow was not a year-to-year ordeal, which it is, I would be for a roll of the dice which would determine if we would have a "freak" snowfall, as seen with the recent effects of climate change, but seeing as this "snowfall debate" is something that will happen yearly and will more than likely be added each year, the idea of living in a climate where snowfall would be a freak incident is more than likely something that will never happen. Having characters who live in a warm and dry environment for years on end and then one year, out of nowhere (a dice roll, so the laws of probability would be followed) snow happens - the reactions around in character would be somewhat enjoyable. But since this is a yearly thing, it's pointless and will have no effect on 90% of the roleplay happening before or after.

2 minutes ago, Shinto said:

Well if you're saying we're on the west coast, you're obviously pointing down south with this giant issue you're having with having a day or two of snow, anywhere upward you do get snow. So it's quite clear that ya'll are saying "We're basically California."

Please point me to the right location of me (or anyone else that I’ve missed) stating this is California? You’re now fabricating statements to reach further than necessary.