Choose new blips colors! Map revamp?

Nervous

13 hours ago, Maca said:

As opposed to having the pause menu map come up with blips (which some could view as metagame, despite it being handy) is it not possible that we could perhaps leave the blips out and maybe even make players navigate by using an ingame GPS?

So for example, we remove the ability to use the mini-map (if it’s even possible) and then allow players to purchase a GPS (which can be stolen from an inventory) and that’s the only time a mini-map will pop up on the player’s screen for use of the GPS waypoint system to a business/area.

What he said. If it's possible this should be introduced.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:23 PM, Franelli said:

How about simply removing all the irrelevant icons from the map and coloring active & open businesses green so players can easily notice them? Here's a brief example of what I mean, took me a couple of minutes to get this done so bare with me:

3YLielE.png

What I suggest is basically keeping all of the map icons the same black & white color and highlighting the establishments relevant to the player - that includes player owned properties and open businesses across Los Santos. An open business can easily be determined by the status of the property's doors - if they're locked that means the business is closed, and same goes the other way around. Another option would be allowing the business owner to /togglebusiness or any other suitable command to open / close the establishment and thus control its icon's color on the map.

It is also worth of mentioning that such a system to determine which businesses and open / closed was already suggested by @Atiku & forwarded.

• Upvote 1
On 12/6/2018 at 6:01 PM, Fremie said:

I'd like the roleplay business to pop out more, everything else is alright.

On 12/7/2018 at 8:21 AM, Matthew said:

As opposed to having the pause menu map come up with blips (which some could view as metagame, despite it being handy) is it not possible that we could perhaps leave the blips out and maybe even make players navigate by using an ingame GPS?

I give this a +1

I'm not really feeling these remove the mini-map or removing the pause menu because it could be viewed as "metagame". Honestly we all like realism, sure. But there's a point where the game can become a hassle to play because you've removed most of the aspects that make it a game, I believe alot of people don't understand that the majority of people play video games to escape their actual lives.

Be real, what's so fun about having to actually go to a store to buy a GPS to see a minimap, Keep pause menu in, keep mini-map in, it's not harming anyone and its not affecting roleplay to the point where it should be removed. 

Hell, next thing you know people are gonna be pushing for a breathing and blink system.