Game crashes

Simon_McKnight

I'm having issues connecting to gta world or any other server for that matter. I have the rockstar version of the game.. so what I have done so far is download a clean install of the game along with a clean install of rage MP (I received an error upon trying to launch Rage MP from the installation menu, will post it in the bottom), both in the same directory and a different one.. although it was each time in the ':D' drive.

I asked for help and Luna helped me with the firewall settings which didn't yield any result either. The game still crashes and takes me to the "Cancel - Safemode or Retry" message menu which you receive upon crashing. 

Single player mode works fine and also gta online without any problems. 

I've also tried disabling the antivirus program and run the game but that didn't help either. The game along with rage MP folder is excluded from antivirus search, the firewall settings are also adjusted in the virus program.

I was able to play the game about a week and it worked fine, could it possibly have something to do with the new update?

The error code I received after the installation of rage MP was completed and "Run Rage MP" thingy was ticked in the installation box, when trying to have it ticked and launching the game, this error code was shown. However, manually running and starting Rage MP worked fine.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at WixSharpSetup.Dialogs.ExitDialog.finish_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller
    Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.11.0.1701
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Simon/AppData/Local/Temp/MSI28598/Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.DLL
WixSharp.UI
    Assembly Version: 1.6.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.6.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Simon/AppData/Local/Temp/MSI28598/WixSharp.UI.DLL
WixSharp
    Assembly Version: 1.6.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.6.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Simon/AppData/Local/Temp/MSI28598/WixSharp.DLL
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
WixSharpSetup
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Simon/AppData/Local/Temp/MSI28598/WixSharpSetup.EXE
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

50/50 chance it's gonna work but restart your computer, then do the following:

Documents -> Rockstar Games -> GTA V -> Profiles -> XXXXXXXX -> Delete all 3 files (cfg.dat, cloudsavedata.dat, pc_settings.bin)

Then try to connect to GTAW again. Usually does the trick for me. 

Also if I understand correctly, you installed V and RAGE on your D drive?

Edited by Chigs
2 hours ago, Chigs said:

50/50 chance it's gonna work but restart your computer, then do the following:

Documents -> Rockstar Games -> GTA V -> Profiles -> XXXXXXXX -> Delete all 3 files (cfg.dat, cloudsavedata.dat, pc_settings.bin)

Then try to connect to GTAW again. Usually does the trick for me. 

Also if I understand correctly, you installed V and RAGE on your D drive?

Thanks for the reply but this didn't work either, it however asked me if I wanted to enable cloud storage or local and I chose local storage only for the save data and it loaded for a while and then crashed.

You understood it correctly, I have it installed on D drive.

35 minutes ago, Simon_McKnight said:

Thanks for the reply but this didn't work either, it however asked me if I wanted to enable cloud storage or local and I chose local storage only for the save data and it loaded for a while and then crashed.

You understood it correctly, I have it installed on D drive.

So where exactly did it crash? Before the game started? Or in the actual V loading screen?

So, seems like a far fetch but maybe Rage is coded in a way that goes "NOPE" when the client and game install are both on a drive other than on C:? The debug log is actually referring to C all the time so maybe that's where it stores the files needed to run it correctly and but since client+game are on D they don't fix anything.

Again, far fetched theory but if installing both the game and client on your C drive might be able to fix the issue for now then it's probably worth a shot. (Unless someone can actually debunk what I just suggested)

Edited by Chigs

The crash happens after you choose server basically, I press on GTAW and GTA launcher loads up with the social club tag or whatever in the left corner, it says loading for a while as it's connecting to the social club client for a moment and then crashes right after, it doesn't load into the game at all.

This is what the crash message says, I'm sure a lot of people are familiar with it because it pops up after the game crashes. 

"Grand Theft Auto V exited unexpectedly. Please click Retry below to enter the game again, or click Safe Mode to launch the game with reduced graphics settings. If you continue to have problems playing the game, please contact Rockstar Games Customer service at http://support.rockstargames.com" 

Cancel -- Safe Mode -- Retry

As for installing the game on C drive isn't an option because it's a small SSD, I'll, however, install rage mp onto it and try again. The game has been installed on the D drive for like three months now or so since I bought this computer and it has been working fine until more recently which is quite odd.