Change how leasing works

Balkan Beast

One of the best changes to come about on LS-RP was that leased businesses were no longer tied to specific places. It is perfectly possible to do the same here. This will allow players to be more creative when it comes to doing their business ideas. I personally have an idea that doesn't work right now because of that fact. If a player wants a business at a custom location they should be able to request it the same way through an application. The only change would be required is just adding in a screenshot of the game map, the exterior, and the interior they would like to use. 

Things taken into account with fees should take into account that:

- Some businesses do not earn the same as others. Ex: A farm with a storage interior would basically be for RP.

- The location.

If this is in the wrong section move it. I put it here because the businesses are in the game at set locations. 

Edited by Balkan Beast
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Wisci said:

@Davis @mattmocz @Balkan Beast

Opinions on the current hybrid system that supports both?

Personally, the auctions might be a bit - pricey, for my tastes.

The only reason I'm not a fan of the lease business model as it stands today (where the business stays at a location but switches owners after a certain period of time) is that it creates a very awkward role-play scenario. Of course, Missi and team have taken the right approach by not letting one person continue to hold the business forever. But when it is time to switch lease holders, you get that awkward; "Now I run the old mob bar but I work for the government". In LSRP these situations happened all the time. 

Hence why I think that when leasing a business the player should have the option to choose it's location. It opens up the role-play behind the business and gives the players more options on how they want to role-play they got it and all that. 

When it comes to the Auction system I think it's a good way of injecting new businesses. I agree with @Wisci though, it's pricey. And that's not Missi's fault or the property teams, we just need to re-evaluate what proper pricing is on this server for various sectors, especially with the new economy system being implemented. 

• 2 weeks later...

I personally have had a group of players come to me and pitch their idea for a Country Club which was really really well planned out and I was in admiration of the effort and planning that they had put into it, they essentially planned every little detail of how it would run, where everything would be set out, and who is in charge of what.

The group of players was denied by Property Management and said they can apply for an existing business.

It was really a shame to see a player's idea shut down just because of that, despite all the effort they've put in. I agree with this suggestion.