Official Status

Nervous

I like a lot of what people have said in regards to dynamic benefits and how this would stimulate factions and roleplay on the server, that seems to fulfil and if not improve upon what 'official' status provides.

What would be the policy on pinning faction threads? Pinning factions would be a recognition of good roleplay and would allow prospective players to see the best of what the server has to offer, however, a 'pinned' status may become misinterpreted as an alternative to 'official.'

4 minutes ago, Atiku said:

I like a lot of what people have said in regards to dynamic benefits and how this would stimulate factions and roleplay on the server, that seems to fulfil and if not improve upon what 'official' status provides.

What would be the policy on pinning faction threads? Pinning factions would be a recognition of good roleplay and would allow prospective players to see the best of what the server has to offer, however, a 'pinned' status may become misinterpreted as an alternative to 'official.'

If you ask me we should hand the factions that proved they're worthy, and did bring some roleplay to the server the pin but once they do start to slack off and not show interest in the faction they would lose their pin since they are not contributing anymore.

Or something similar to this.

Edited by AzraelTheGreat

i don't think official status should be removed, it's an achievement and reward for a faction that has put a lot of hard work and effort and a reward for providing quality RP to the server. i guess having supplier perks etcerea could be enough for a faction but i just feel like more reward than just a few perks should be provided, if a faction has real good RP, and it's a big popular faction i believe they should get a reward that isn't just a few perks

Bottlenecks must be addressed in both cases to find the most optimal solution:

Illegal faction(s) often receive their official status for the consistent presence shown in their respective faction threads. The more screenshots, quality content, multiple assets, and information available for players, the better incentive it provides to either try out the faction or follow their activity, thus expanding in numbers to have more varied role-play opportunities. We often see an illegal faction committing minor activities to a point it reaches defending faction turfs or faction take-downs exchanged by the Police forces. It is an undeniable fact that they require much more packed-action and activity presented in their topics to attract the community attention and in most of the cases, they surpass the official factions in that criteria to rightfully obtain their status. However, it does not mean the faction A must receive their status over faction B, as the quality content is defined subjectively and both 20/50 pages are considered active. In cases where you have to pick a limited amount of officials, how could you determine the A is better than the B? One can be present in the community more than the other, while it does not justify their role-play standards are better than the latter.

On the other hand, the official status have incentives that encourages players to run their factions in longer-runs than the unofficial ones. Such players are aware of the fact that they have built their organization from zero to reach the current status they have been given and earned the community respect and reputation, or even inspired others to develop a similar faction, to hold their positions in pride — in a similar fashion a POI reaching Captain within PD. They have more experience and say over the others and attend the regular faction meetings held by the Head of Legal or Illegal Factions to directly express their concerns or questions regarding the change(s) happening within the server. And, much like the LSPD and LSFD receiving their regular paychecks, they are given garages or drug warehouses to level-up their games. Though, it does not change the reality that players might provide flawless activity combined with mediocre role-play and set the official status as their goal followed by a major burn out after obtaining it which would be unfair to the ones patiently awaiting their status. Every faction must be treated in equal terms as long as they are actively serving to the community deemed by the requirements of Head of Factions. 

The removal of official status would be the most ideal, if revamped. A hub should be organized for all (un-)official legal and illegal faction leaders to reach out for their addressed concerns, and all asset requests (via form) must be left to the discretion of Head of Legal—Illegal Factions. That would allow the leaders to self-evaluate themselves whether they have been active enough in long-term to have their requested-assets accepted by the HoL/IF. Not only it would prevent the motivation loss for the factions discarded for their status, but also promotes a better insight for HoF to see how well they have been keeping behind the scenes. An exception can potentially be made for the LSFD, LSPD, DOC and Government since they are the essential factions in all role-play servers that remain fully active through multiple roster changes.

Edited by Vitta

I personally like the idea of seeing official status because obviously you can now get the perks without being official, but it's simply just the status surrounding being an official faction that a lot of people strive for. I've done it twice and both times the feeling of getting official as a faction leader is unmatched in terms of achieving anything on an RP server. My factions never really put brakes on after we got official, either. It just motivated people further and gave them more reason to come IG. That's different for each faction, though. It's recognition to the community that you're putting in work, and 99% of the time when you hit official you'll get a flood of new players because you've been recognized as a good faction and people like to try them out. Also, when you've hit official status people know you have a capable member base & leadership and some people also like to seek stability in a faction and being official signifies that. Yes, some can argue being a veteran faction showcases this as well, but not to new players most of the time.

However I read everyone elses opinions and I can see that yeah it is an outdated system, but sometimes fixing something that isn't necessarily broken is not a bad thing.

However, I'm down with trying new things and we could come up with something else in order to recognize a faction's achievements instead of official, yeah the perks currently make sense but something more. If official status is scrapped, would every faction just be unstickied? Would you apply for perks or would they just be offered to you at random? Maybe have a tier system that could be rewarded? (Tier I - you achieve X, Tier II, you achieve XX, Tier III you achieve XXX) and so on. I kinda like that idea because tiers could always be added so people could also be motivated to continue moving forward.

Edited by AceS|