Recently I wanted to contribute towards the server since I've been really enjoying it for the past 2 months or so since I started playing. So I did what I could and became a Bronze Donator. I really liked the shop interface on the UCP and the 'donator rank on discord and forum' was something that drew me towards donating.

However after some complications on getting my rank on discord and the forums, I found all I got on the forums was this which I found to be quite disappointing:

image.png.c5d0d1d3b46771cdce651fb69eb8f3b1.png

A 'Bronze Donator' tag, that is barely readable which only appears on the donator's profile.

What I'm proposing is a badge for both Bronze and Silver donators, much like what Gold donators get that displays on their profile and under their names in threads. I understand that Gold donators get their badge for contributing more in terms of a donation package. But I believe Bronze and Silver donators deserve a similar recognition as apposed to a tag on the profile that is barely readable.

I took the Gold Donator badge and made a Silver and Bronze variant in Photoshop, just to illustrate what I'm proposing exactly:

Gold-Donator.png.f57d53619856a4915f0b2988fc14a2aa.png     Silver-Donator.png.7665f1a93ddac0dfea9c2ee773317e48.png     Bronze-Donator.png.032062d738cc13eb53534eba42fb1f72.png 

Yeah, I mean it's only fair. At the minute it seems like you're praised the most for donating enough for gold and the other two are more of a "meh, thanks" in comparison. If you're going to thank donators with visual bonuses it's not fair to have a coloured name for a silver/gold donator but yet the bronze donator literally is the same as a regular user.

Edited by Nathan
19 hours ago, Franelli said:

I can't see any downsides to this really and I'm sure the Gold Donators won't mind sharing similar badges with Bronze / Silver Donators either.

While I agree, I don't think it's fair for gold donators to have any sort of high ground over silver and bronze donators. It's only $5 difference?

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

While I agree, I don't think it's fair for gold donators to have any sort of high ground over silver and bronze donators. It's only $5 difference?

If there was no high ground as you call it, the amount of people donating for Gold would have been significantly lower than what we have currently got. There needs to be some sort of advantage in order to attract new donators and having a custom forum badge is one of those perks. The more you donate the more perks you should be receiving so that's makes sense really. With that being said, as I have mentioned in my previous comment I believe all donators should be entitled to a forum badge according to their donator rank.

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Franelli said:

I can't see any downsides to this really and I'm sure the Gold Donators won't mind sharing similar badges with Bronze / Silver Donators either.

Speaking as a gold donator, I wouldn't care at all. I don't think anyone is donating JUST for the badge.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Thirteen said:

Speaking as a gold donator, I wouldn't care at all. I don't think anyone is donating JUST for the badge.

You're right. I've donated my fair share at 90% of the biggest English speaking samp servers and not for the cool visuals but simply because the mod is free and I'd like to show my support. I dunno, I don't really care about visuals and never have but I believe in fairness for everyone who donates regardless of the amount.

• 2 weeks later...