Bravado Buffalo S price rebalance

Topinambour

Buffalo S rebalance?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello there o/

Just posting about a very niche thing, since there aren't many people who use that specific car. I mostly use it because it became my character's "signature" car over quite a bit of RP, but... honestly, if I wasn't RP'ing that and decided to not care about my character's background and RP, I would be using something else. Because... The Buffalo S has a very odd problem of overpricing ^^' And I was surprised to see it wasn't included in the previous price rebalance we had back a few months ago.

Now, why do I say it's overpriced...

• The Buffalo S costs $175k.
  • That's 115k more than the normal Bravado Buffalo (60k). Over twice the price for relatively minor improvements.
  • From a pure gameplay point of view (game perspective), its performances are relatively average and it goes more into the "well balanced starter cars" like the Sultan (60k), than into the high-end expensive cars.
  • From a pure logic point of view, when you compare its price to other cars, it makes little sense. For around $175k you can get a Khamelion, a Flash GT, an XLS, a Comet RS, a Lynx, a Jester Classic (!), a 190z, and for just a bit more you can get yourself a Rapid GT. Most of those cars are either better from a performance point of view, or simply are/look way more high-end.
  • Even if you go the realism way ("IRL it's a luxury car!"), you'll note that its RL counterpart, the Dodge Charger 2013 SRT8, will cost about 50k give or take. Even if you take the most expensive model (Dodge Charger Hellcat 2018 with *ALL* options), you end up with $75k. Now of course the game's prices aren't like RL prices... But those cars that we mentioned earlier, that have a price close/similar to the Buffalo S? Khamelion: minimum 100k (Fisker Karma S Sunset). Flash GT: about 500k-ish (Mads Ostberg sold his 2017 Fiesta WRC for that price). XLS: 150k (Mercedes GLS63 AMG with 0 options, all stock). Comet RS/SR: 150 to 300k (Porsche 911 997, used, go for those prices). It goes on and on.

So in a nutshell! The Buffalo S is in the 150-200k bracket. It's not nearly as much of a luxury car as the other cars in that bracket, from a looks point of view. It's not nearly as good as the other cars in that bracket, from a performance point of view. And it's not nearly close to the other cars in that bracket, from a realistic price point of view.

Since the buying price affects the tax price, it's a bit hardcore to pay as much road tax for an "ok-but-not-that-awesome" car as if you were owning a Jester classic or a Rapid GT ? So I'm wondering if it would be possible to apply the price rebalance to it, since it belongs more to the 80-to-90k bracket. 

Again I know it's very niche since not many people use that car, but it's been bugging me to no end since I got on the server ^^

Thanks o/

Edited by Topinambour
  • Applaud 1
  • 4 weeks later...