Remove 911 from Off Duty legal faction members

Short description: Remove the 911 call feature from the Off Duty members of the FD and PD members, and probably remove it from DOJ/GOV in all (if they receive those calls, taking  a guess)

Detailed description: Over all as I've come to see, some people in the factions have been abusing the 911 system to either jump on duty or subtly inform others of the situation via SMS/Call. This results in a form of MG allowing people to jump to a scene and either get in the way or effect the over all outcome of the scene. I think this can be avoided by removing the visibility of the 911 calls from the view of the off duty, thus removing the risk in all. I know this is possible, seeing as with the lovely automatic fire script Andreas added allows the 911 calls to only go to the on duty members in FD.

Commands to add:  N/A

Items to add:  N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? I believe this will reduce the risk of potential MG being formed from the off duty members, who wouldn't have their radios off duty, seeing as all equipment is checked daily. At times it is hard to tell whether it happens or not, but the risk is there and I believe it will help improve the overall quality and blindness towards some situations rather than either having to fight the urge of going on duty with the knowledge you wouldn't icly know it's going on or just tip someone off.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 3

I'm not too sure myself because if no one's on duty, none of the 911s will get answered at all because no one knows.

I've always roleplayed that if a 911 call is received, seeing it off duty means I've been paged by dispatch and I can then report back to quarters to collect my apparatus and call in the rest of the crew before heading over to the scene. 

Plus my character carries her own scanners off duty.

Just like in real life, anyone on or off duty or civilian can know if a department has received a call out by listening to their radio and by using apps like PulsePoint.

As for people MGing. Jumping on duty is kind of what we do in response to pagers. And if you're in or near the station you can hear the turnout tones go down so you know there's a callout.

But people SMSing/Calling others to get involved isn't acceptable. And that should be something a department's IA deal with. I'm not sure if that can be considered MG though as they'd know via their pager, scanner or the station tones. 

I am how-ever concerned with people who never go on duty, and only go on duty if a callout is received. But I think it should be up to the department to deal with the individuals rather than a blanket ban.

Most of the time I'm on GTAW I'm on duty, going off duty on the odd occasion. I just feel like this would be yet another reason for me to never go off duty. 

I do think it should be toggable to avoid spam though.