Vehicle and property Descriptions/Attributes.

milk

Short description: Similar to the current /attribute system, I believe that a small addition to the server could add quite a bit to people's day-to-day roleplay. Adding vehicle/property descriptions so that players can describe the interior of their car/house adds another level of richness to Roleplay that I believe people would enjoy.

Detailed description: To expand on the above point- I believe that adding these commands gives players another way to define their character with small details, and also gives people valuable information when interacting with said vehicles/interiors. For example; Someone is in someone's house. Currently, the object streamer is very unreliable, so say someone stores a rifle in their house - They then use /pdesc to describe that the gun is hidden under their mattress. It can also be used for much simpler but character-defining things, such as little details along the lines of "The house would smell of roses."/"There would be mud tracked across the floor." This not only adds a small level of depth for players interacting in interiors, but it also opens up the server to another few possibilities. Currently, there is no way to leave descriptions behind when not there ingame, as the relevant commands are broken, and as a result players have to rely on things such as PMs to describe situations. This feature would allow people to describe.. say for example, a home invasion over /pdesc. If the player was killed/kidnapped, they can update their property description to reflect the incidents that occurred there for investigating police to use.

/vdesc Can be used in the exact same way. For example: "There would be a crumpled up pack of cigarettes stuffed haphazardly into the glovebox." It also allows people who aren't with the vehicle's owner to see details about the car. Where the inventory of it is stored, etc..

Commands to add: /vdesc, /pdesc, /pinspect, /vinspect

Items to add:  N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: I feel that adding the commands /pdesc,/vdesc and the associated inspecting commands would add roleplay to the all three types of roleplayers. (Legal, Illegal and Civilians.) For example. It gives all players a little bit more depth to work with and helps ease players from having to quickly describe the details of their car every time a player needs it. Similar to /attributes.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

This would be interesting and offer some descriptive role play to the server, as well help a buyer look more into a car for what kind of parts or additions it has on it. Or like you said with the pack of cigarettes. These small details create a bigger story in the end, or even perhaps help out with some scenes for FD when they crash. But that's just my FD side kicking in.

I think this would be a good addition to add to the server and the vehicles. +1

• 2 weeks later...

To add to my first comment, it could be used to describe damage to vehicles and boats, giving us the ability of describing a vehicle's disabling without it being scriptwisely destroyed - and also avoiding confusion, like when a boat that is unable to swim is about to be stolen.

Example:

c7b056afff697a79348ec376c2da937b.png

In this situation, a unnamed Glass Heroes Employee has rendered the boat useless by puncturing it's belly, thus making it stuck and not able to swim, however other people had no way of knowing this and thus tried stealing that disabled boat - which'd have, if they were successful, caused a whole load of IC Confusion and even more interactions that'd have to be voided as a result of other players having no way of knowing that a vehicle is disabled.

E.g. a simple "/vattributes The rusty Tug appears to have several holes in it's belly, filled with water - unable to swim or move out of place." would have been useful here.

But this is just one of many situations in which such a command will be useful - so yeah, please forward & implement ?

(I'm pretty sure it's possible, too, since every player vehicle is assigned it's unique ID 7c25280b3c7229d8351307ba053469c7.png to which the attributes can be tied.)

• 3 weeks later...

@Rekhoem so according to your example, would anyone be able to set / modify descriptions to any other vehicle on the map (a player damaging a vehicle that belongs to another player, for instance)? Because the original suggestion aims to provide the property / vehicle owner with access to such command, if I understand it correctly.

Edited by Franelli
7 hours ago, Franelli said:

@Rekhoem so according to your example, would anyone be able to set / modify descriptions to any other vehicle on the map (a player damaging a vehicle that belongs to another player, for instance)? Because the original suggestion aims to provide the property / vehicle owner with access to such command, if I understand it correctly.

No, not everyone. Only the vehicle owners, faction members and staff members maybe- because people will mostly use it to troll if everyone can change every vehicles desc

This came up from Ethanol with regards to being able to set your name as a masked individual - that "it would be used for trolling, therefore we should not allow it on the server."

We can't allow a few immature individuals to keep us from features that would be otherwise extremely beneficial to the server. Wouldn't it be great for a car thief to leave behind evidence of their crime, for instance? Or a vandal to throw up a description of a broken window? I'm all for allowing anyone to add to a vehicle or property description, with three caveats:

1. Only the author of a comment can remove it, with the exception of the owner of the vehicle, who can remove anything.
  2. Roleplaying a description created by someone other than the owner is optional.
  3. Administrators can see who added which part of a description.

Let the rules take care of people who abuse the system; let's not allow fear of trolling to be why we can't have nice things. If you're terribly concerned about what someone might add to a vehicle or property description, create some rules governing it (and fix the rest of them, while you're at it.)

Edited by Smilesville