• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Fix the unreadable names on headers

Fix the unreadable names in desktop view  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nathan    15

I can't help but think everyone's got to have noticed this at some point. I don't think it's a problem in mobile/tablet view but on desktop you're forced to sacrifice readability for at least one usergroup with each colour of the theme:

lfAXhIy.png NYB4Dnr.png WJ7UDYm.png nbVHqVH.png FeKV1QK.png FvsX1no.png 52mjbPF.png

Frankly, the only ones where you can see every single name are just horrid in comparison. My proposition is to just hotfix it by adding a background to each name so regardless of the theme colour you choose, every name is readable. I've created a few examples according to the forum colour palette:

9DSAm3A.png fkZYAid.png

The literal fix (ignoring the colour element, that was Nervous' colour):

s0KyZan.png

Franelli    146

I've come across this issue myself and was also wondering about it. Seems like most of the available forum themes are simply not compatible with the various username colours. The suggested tweak seems like a fine solution to this problem.

• Thanks 1

CloutToken    28

iVRQJWz.png

Supporting, the fix that you proposed seems fine to me.

fbVqe5H.png

the report post button also seems to do this

Edited by CloutToken
  • Upvote 1

Bjork    98

This makes sense for some names. In order to help the confusion I think the idea of adding a white/gray background the names like suggested above would be a good start.

• Thanks 1

Spartan    22

This sounds like a great suggestion. And provided with an easy way to fix it as well! Supported!

• Thanks 1

Nathan    15
On 6/17/2019 at 5:04 PM, Rukka said:

@Everett can this be done?

I doubt it'll be at the top of any queue, although it's an inconvenience to everyone and people mention it on discord often. I've been contacted twice about helping with frontend development but both times the conversation just stopped. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens...