Decisions about the server

PandaGaming

Recently I've noticed that the admins make decisions even though most players on the server prefer otherwise.

Until recently, the management of server gave players freedom of expression and gave them a significant part in the selection of things to be done on the server.

But lately (since when Nervous went on vacation), I've noticed that the administator team decided and take their own decisions and do not allow players to express theirselves and take part in the decisions like before.

In my opinion, this community has succeeded so far because it was a democracy and let the players feel that they really can influence and really have a word about decisions about the server.

I am very disappointed that this has changed for the worse, especially since more servers have been opened and a lot of players have started to move there.

I do not blame anyone specific but in my opinion there is a need for a change to the old situation and the management has to do something about it.

What you guys think about it? 

Edited by PandaGaming
  • Upvote 1

Management should work together with the community to make this server last, that is a fact. Luckly the playerbase is high and stable, so it isnt much of an issue as of yet. However, if sustained, it will be eventually.

Management ofcourse has certain veto's as they are what their name implies; management. However, if players are ignored, the server wont last very long.

Communication is the key.

I find the staff more than reasonable about discussing most things, to be fair (exceptions apply, like in all things), considering the sheer amount of demands that all of us make at a very rapid rate in what I assume is a passion project for all of them and nothing more.

At the end of the day, a server can be pseudo-democratic, or be open to legitimate, lengthy discussions on topics, but a server isn't really a democracy when it comes to it, and in most cases I'm sure the Staff if anything try to listen to discussions and are open to suggestions, provided they are convincing, relevant and doesn't interfere with the general feel the staff wants for the server (remember, rules aren't really elected democratically, we all accept the intentions and general air the staff wants to bring to the server when applying for an account).

I think some things are open for a complete, equal discussion between all parts, and others aren't necessarily. Not everything should be subjected to popular vote because not all popular decisions are necessarily good ones.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1

These types of threads come up every time somebody doesn’t get their own way. In fact, the thread itself was made directly after being told no to faction chat returning for whatever reason despite it already still existing for faction leadership to use for announcements etc which was one of the biggest complaints raised.

Nervous going on vacation has nothing to do with decision making whatsoever, the thread was locked because it was nothing but people being self entitled instead of considering why the feature was removed.

Remember, just because you want something does not mean your want and desires overpower the decisions being made for the quality of the server. I want to be a millionaire in real life, but just because I want it doesn’t mean I’ll get it!

EDIT: Also, the community were given a chance in a recent script change to publicly vote for what damages should be introduced for weapons. Guess what? About 6 of you posted out of our entire player base. Please be factual when you state that we don’t allow you to have input because we do and it’s a massive insult for you to be falsely claiming things. Not all decisions are going to be made by the community, if that was the case then most decisions made would dramatically decrease the quality of roleplay in the server because what SOME players here want, does not conform with heavy roleplay standards.

• Upvote 2

While listening to the community is great and is always a goal, you need to understand that you do not represent, as a single entity, the entire community. Your opinion is important, however you received a "no" in this thread which made you create today's thread and claim that the staff stopped listening to the entire community just because of this, and as an angry reaction of your thread being locked.

My discord and my forum PM box is always opened for discussion, but please, let's remain serious. Learn to receive a no, learn to know that just as anyone else in this community you're one between hundreds just like I am or anyone else is, you're entitled to express your opinion but do not think this is the general opinion or need of the server just because you're on the player side. There is no side, every administrators are players first too and are part of what you call the community.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 5

i’m always big on things being discussed as a community as a whole because at the end of the day we’re all here to enjoy ourselves however, with certain issues staff makes a decision based on something being abused or something that’s lowering the quality of rp. a big problem i see is when people don’t get a certain thing they like (and i’ve literally seen it multiple times) they go into a fit because they’re not being spoon fed. compared to previous severs gtaw is x10 more democratic and open to community suggestions and ideas. no one will ever be fully satisfied and that’s just the reality of this.

• Applaud 1