Bring back /f chat for PD and FD

PandaGaming

It was recently decided to eliminate the possibility of using faction chat because this could cause metagaming.

I think everyone of the PD or FD will be happy to have the possibility of bringing in the faction chat back. It really makes you stay united, laugh together with friends in the faction inside the game and keep in touch outside of the game as well.

If anyone really wants to do metagaming he will do it (eg for PD there is the teamspeak and FD has a discord channel) so it's not really a problem to do MG for those who really want...
I really think this faction chat should be brought back and simple... the admins team have to enforce and punish those who misuse it (even though I've never encountered anyone who used it badly).

• Upvote 1

Yeah please can we bring this back, /we/ the players have given it a good amount of time of no /f and I don't really see any benefits from it, I remember an admin telling the server to give it a chance and they'll review it after it's been given a good run, I believe it's had a fair and decently long run. If an admin has a different opinion and can explain the benefits that it's brought to the server please could they reply below to educate us the players on how it has, always open to different opinions. 

• Upvote 1

Faction chat was useful for us in the Fire Department to discuss OOC issues amongst those ingame.

When there is an issue, for example; a bug say with the vehicles, a script, uniform...etc or the situation was avoided, being able to inform multiple people online is so much easier then being forced to PM each individual person - which not only takes a long time, but means people get forgotten AND it means you are wasting time trying to contact people during a roleplay.

When a situation gets voided, the people who know, have to contact everyone, it also means you get more than one person contacting you, which then means your chat gets spammed (refer to image below). In the end it's lead to people using the radio to report OOC issues, which is just plain wrong.

/f is also easier to type then looking up an ID/name and then /pm. Also you're more likely to make an error typing /pm and use /m instead which means what you were meant to say in a PM gets said over the megaphone. 

The alternate is to contact everyone on Discord, but then people who aren't even online get involved. Not only that but if you're roleplaying you don't want to have to tab out or go on your phone to use Discord. Currently too many people are tabbing out to discuss in-game issues over Discord, when it'd be so much easier if we could discuss it on the faction chat. 

Additionally if you are going AFK for just a moment (e.g. toliet, family/friends or an emergency) you want to be able to inform everyone online. Some times I've been online and there's been an emergency, I've dispatched units and they haven't responded because they went AFK but only told one person via PM, or didn't tell anyone at all. If they mentioned it in faction chat we'd all see it and be aware of it.

Finally it really brings us together when we're able to communicate on the faction chat. We can still be ingame and roleplay in the firehouse waiting for an emergency, and have a good old chat. But at the moment all of us just tab out and chat on Discord, which means we're stood doing nothing ingame and we get kicked everyday for being 'AFK' as we haven't moved at all, because we're tabbed out. 

2018-10-13 15_43_52-Greenshot-1.0-PNG.png

2018-10-13 20_39_22-Greenshot.png

2018-10-05 15_05_45-Greenshot.png

Edited by Cobra
  • Thanks 2

This has been discussed before and we have already decided that it's best not to have it. You've all been functioning without it, we're all here to roleplay and not here to chat and disrupt it or be distracted. 

5 minutes ago, Maca said:

This has been discussed before and we have already decided that it's best not to have it. You've all been functioning without it, we're all here to roleplay and not here to chat and disrupt it or be distracted. 

But by this logic, why does /pm exist, or /b exist? It's really useful to be able to talk to faction members globally, as well as be able to possibly even make new friends. There are several RP servers out there that have /f toggled on by default and they have no issue roleplaying. What makes it so that GTAW legal faction members can't be allowed to use it?

If a player doesn't want to see /f chat, let them toggle it themselves, it doesn't need to be taken from the whole faction.

Edited by CloutToken
  • Applaud 1

The argument of why PM and /b is existing has been used before and also didn't work very well. It was removed for reasons way beyond PD and FD's benefit and I don't think two factions wanting it back is really a justifiable reason to bring it back no matter how much it is contended. 

This has yet to be answered from last time - what quality does /f bring to roleplay? If you can justify that, I'll be happy to back its return.