Bring back /f chat for PD and FD

PandaGaming

2 minutes ago, Humour said:

Because it never should have been removed in the first place. Finally someone took the guts to create a thread to actually fight this rule.

Incorrect. This battle happened before the roll back and that was when the issue was fresh. Its been like what 2 or 3 months now. We've managed so far. There was a detailed reason it got removed before and while there could be other alternatives to remedy what was listed before I really don't think its as bad as people make it out at all.

3 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

You should reverse your own question and ask it yourself; how does removing /f increase quality?

this, quality has been the same without it, people still goof around without it, haven't seen anything different other than contacting and arranging things is harder.

Edited by Fremie
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Jedai said:

Incorrect. This battle happened before the roll back and that was when the issue was fresh. Its been like what 2 or 3 months now. We've managed so far. There was a detailed reason it got removed before and while there could be other alternatives to remedy what was listed before I really don't think its as bad as people make it out at all.

Well, apparently more than enough people don't agree with the decision that was made and are now combating it, as is our right.

1 minute ago, Jedai said:

The only reason provided by FM when I questioned them maybe a month ago, was "We're not here to provide an OOC Hub". So why take it away in the first place?

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, PandaGaming said:

Until recently, decisions in this server was a choice of players themselves and not only of the administrators. Sad to see that because one admin wants something that will affect so many players. This is also why many players leave us to other servers.

Please si something @Nervous

Agreed, I thought this was supposed to be a semi-democratic community, where when it comes to things like these, things with IMPACT, the staff team, or at least the management team would come and seek the community's opinion on the matter. There may be an 'i' in community, but that's not how it works. You got to keep your players pleased if you want to have a community at all.

5 minutes ago, Humour said:

Well, apparently more than enough people don't agree with the decision that was made and are now combating it, as is our right.

No one said otherwise. I as an individual haven't really come across any issues with it always being off by default. 

6 minutes ago, Lionhearted said:

The only reason provided by FM when I questioned them maybe a month ago, was "We're not here to provide an OOC Hub". So why take it away in the first place?

They did point out that metagaming was a rampant issue among other things I can't remember however the ooc hub is the one thing most people remember because as far as I remember the point was not brought across in a fashion that wouldn't offend people. 

Overall, the outrage again is also pretty poor as well. People tend to forget that at the end of the day, in comparison to the other major problems that need to be addressed, speaking in /f is not really one of them. Admin team and the development team need to keep their priorities straight and when you're not really looking at the big picture, you get jaded 

15 minutes ago, PandaGaming said:

Until recently, decisions in this server was a choice of players themselves and not only of the administrators. Sad to see that because one admin wants something that will affect so many players. This is also why many players leave us to other servers.

Please do something @Nervous

Begging for Nervous, who was also involved in this decision, to make a decision to overrule his staff team is not only incredibly immature but it is also a sign of you unable to respect the decisions made by a team here to ensure that quality is followed within the server. /f chat is not a vital resource and it was not removed on the basis of one admin requesting it. Don't be so naive, please, with all due respect.

Players still have an input in decisions made, but unfortunately some decisions that they kick and fuss about will not be adhered to just because they want it because it conveniences them. Your paragraph was incredibly self-entitled, unfair and it's not something that is going to reverse the decision of the majority of the staff team. If people want to leave to go to other servers because they don't have /f chat then it's clear they were not here to roleplay in the first place.

/f was not a right, it was a privilege. A privilege that was abused by many players and a privilege that is already replaced by Discord, forums and Teamspeak. What the PD and FD demand does not mean they will always receive. This is GTA World, not legal faction world. I see a lack of consideration for illegal factions and the community in general as opposed to the same, old, boring "me, me, me" statements and it really isn't helping anybody's arguments. 

This was tirelessly discussed for weeks and most players just got on with their lives apart from the small minority that cannot function without the use of an OOC communication command that they can alternate with platforms already existing for them. You can't have everything.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Jedai said:

No one said otherwise. I as an individual haven't really come across any issues with it always being off by default. 

Couldn't have said it better, you as an individual have a different opinion and experience with said removal of /f however the large majority of players have issues with it (You can throw a poll and see for yourself if you'd like) the removal of it hasn't even fix their main reason of removing it, if anything it made it worse because people have moved onto discord with possible metagaming intentions so what was the point of removing it? Why keep it removed if it doesn't fix this problem?

Either way, the opinions of those who prefers it to be removed versus those who wants it back are all good points but honestly, what's the benefit of not giving the players what they want is what I wanna find out.

The way faction management handles various situations here are most likely going to be a deciding factor how this server holds up to competition, this could be one of those decisions.

I think very few people have found perma off faction chat to be a positive item, that said with group discord chats many of these things are also covered outside of the game, though there are certain advantages to /f chat rather than discord. I will suggest that my time in the PD has had a harder time connecting with people and if I didn't know so many people already I may feel a little isolated.