Shorten Name Display Distance

xanx

Shorten Name Display Distance

Suggest Description:

The title says it all, shorten the name display distance while on foot only, whilst keeping the same distance for vehicles considering their rate of speeds.

How would your suggestion improve the server:

Not one day do I have my illegal character and I've already come across players who power-game seeing me around the wall or even a full length of a medium house! Granted, I could report each player, though there isn't much there to prove and I'd have to report a lot of people! At times I just feel like I can't take anyone by surprise, ruining the roleplay ahead, letting people prepare rather than have them be actually shitting themselves.

Does it look like a coincidence by the time someone sees my name behind a wall, they happen to go to their vehicle, pull their bat out, equip it, walk around the house twice and then also drive around their house a couple of times to see if I did anything to their other vehicles? No.

Simply put, players don't have respect for the name tag system and abuse it on a daily, there is also no need at all to see someone's name tag until you're pretty much in their face or within less than 4-5 meters away from them, especially on foot. This will improve roleplay greatly as it prevents players from power-gaming seeing or hearing you before you're even within the range to roleplay with them. This would also help the situation in populated areas such as interiors, bars or clubs, lowering the text-onscreen spam to almost none.

Edited by XanX
  • Upvote 2