Remove text label pop ups with F7

Poll  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Short description: Remove text label pop-ups when you press F7

Detailed description: Currently vehicle dealerships, police & fire duty points, rental areas and no doubt a few other places have large text label pop-ups that hover over the area. It would be nice to be able to remove these text label pop-ups from your display when you remove the HUD also, with F7.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: Removal of text label pop-ups when HUD is removed with F7

How would your suggestion improve the server?: It would allow us to take more realistic screenshots at role-play scenes, without the text label pop-up blocking our image. Currently this is a huge issue for FD as our text label pop-up ruins photographs taken at the fire station, which is where we spend the majority of our time role-playing. 

Additional information: 

Examples: 

yOuUpFE.png

do9g98A.png

Edited by Cobra
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Franelli said:

I'm not quite sure this is entirely possible considering the F7 is a RageMP feature. I doubt GTA World can do anything about it.

It is a Rage feature, but as the pop-ups are a GTA World feature it'd merely require a script to make the text invisible/disappear when F7 is pressed.

4 hours ago, hectic said:

radio show with f7 needs to go too!

This too!

Edited by Cobra
6 hours ago, Cobra said:

It is a Rage feature, but as the pop-ups are a GTA World feature it'd merely require a script to make the text invisible/disappear when F7 is pressed.

This too!

I do not believe they can know when the F7 is pressed - that's what I meant in my previous reply. Either way I would be glad to be proven wrong.

F7 is not a Rage feature, but was implemented by me or Nervous back when we were doing the transition to the Rage platform. What you're referring to is called text labels, and they're created server sided. Disabling them would cause them to disappear on everyones screen.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, -Andreas said:

F7 is not a Rage feature, but was implemented by me or Nervous back when we were doing the transition to the Rage platform. What you're referring to is called text labels, and they're created server sided. Disabling them would cause them to disappear on everyones screen.

I'm genuinely surprised by that since I recall seeing this feature on at least two different servers that use RageMP. We might be dealing here with copycats ?

If that's the case - way to go!

13 minutes ago, Franelli said:

I'm genuinely surprised by that since I recall seeing this feature on at least two different servers that use RageMP. We might be dealing here with copycats ?

If that's the case - way to go!

Dont worry about that. It's very very simple, and all it does upon hitting F7 is just toggling a boolean that controls your UI elements on the screen. That's basically it, so I doubt anyone went in and looked at our client files for that. If so, they wont be able to make anything else themselfs ? 

• Upvote 1
On 11/5/2018 at 9:41 AM, -Andreas said:

Text labels thank you!

I guess it'd be too much of an ask to have them created client side? 

(Edit, corrected server to client)

Edited by Cobra