Staff Update - October 2018

GTAW-rectangle.png.46ee4164df3eb9064602f89c28d7ffb0.png

Hello! 

This past month has certainly been full of highs and lows! Sadly at the start of the month we had the forum rollback, which meant that many people lost a lot of time and effort they had put in to their threads and suggestions, however, I think it shows a great mark of resilience that the community and staff team managed to respond so well and so quickly to get the forums back up on their feet. We also saw the departure of Norrig, he was a well-liked admin and a valuable community member, I'd like to thank him for the effort he put into the server and I hope to see him back in the community soon! 

We have been taking feedback from staff members and community members on board throughout the month and we are continuing to improve the way we do things on GTAW, Maca has been making lots of changes and improving much within the tester team, some of these changes are more visible than others. I'd like to let everyone know that if you have any suggestions in regards to the staff team as a community member you are more than welcome to personally reach out to me and I'll take your feedback on board, it's important that we listen to a wide range of views from across the community when making decisions in its interest! 

With all that said, we've got another exciting month ahead and a lot more planned, so I hope to see you all on the server soon. 

Notbond

Staff Team Changes!

With the overhaul of the Tester Team, we have decided to rename our dedicated and hard-working staff members to the Support Team. This role overhaul is the complete opposite to what Testers were originally intended to be; previously playing a part in testing our game server for ground-breaking bugs and server-busting faults alongside supporting our community with their queries and help requests. As our development team has grown to be a comfortable and tight-knit group, we no longer require the testing of features and server functionality as they are more than capable of handling that process on their own. This ultimately made the role of a Tester redundant and they became more support orientated throughout their time in the team.

Over the next few weeks, the new Support Team will receive adequate training so they are well equipped and knowledgeable to assist you with any queries that you may have during your time in the server, whether it’s a problem that you may be having on our Discord server or a problem that stems to our game server and/or forum boards. Our team will take the time out of their daily duties of sifting through game server applications, testing and/or forwarding bug reports and maintaining our forum boards to make your time here a stress free and relaxed experience.

No query is too big for our team and usually, there will be a representative available to assist you on any of our platforms so please don’t hesitate to reach out for help or advice regarding our community!

Events and Media Team!

A very big congratulations on @Yazum taking over and becoming the new head of the Events and Media Team, Yazum is going to approach the team with a fresh outlook and is going to be changing the way the team operates as well as recruiting a whole new set of members, stay tuned for updates in this area! 

Admin Promotions

@Pascalfrom Game Administrator Level 2 to Game Administrator Level 3               

@eyebrows from Game Administrator Level 2 to  Game Administrator Level 3 

@Maca from Game Administrator Level 2 to  Game Administrator Level 3    

@Keane from Trial Administrator to Game Administrator Level 1              

@Morning from Trial Administrator to Game Administrator Level 1                                  

@Ribsey from Support to Trial Admin           

New Support Team Members

Please give a warm welcome to the brand new team members!

@SpawnMatrix

@FullyCanadian

@Rust

--------------------------

Reserved Applicant

Riayadh

Franelli

Paris

Commiserations to all those who were denied and a big welcome to all the new Support team members, please contact @Maca If you were put as reserved please also contact Maca so you know what to work on for next month when your eligibility for the team will be re-evaluated. If you are not on this list of reserved testers, you are not reserved even if you were put on reserved in a previous update. We only keep people on the list for one month.

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
  • Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic