Instant Registration Upon Purchasing a Vehicle

Basically what somehow bothers me is the fact that whenever you purchase a new vehicle from any of the dealerships around the map, it is delivered to you unregistered. The next thing you'd need to do is drive to the DMV and handle the registration of your vehicle. 

Main issue with that course of actions is that often you will find yourself being pulled over by LSPD for driving an unregistered vehicle. If the police officer is reasonable and understanding of the situation, he/she will most likely let you go once you explain that you have just recently bought the vehicle and currently driving to the DMV to register it. With that being said, this can also be easily abused by players who actually have their vehicles unregistered on purpose and just wish to get away with being arrested; thus diverting to OOC lies and breaking the server rules.

Long story short, all of this can be avoided if the script would automatically handle the registration of the vehicle upon purchasing it from a dealership. The current registration fee can be applied on top of the vehicle's cost if necessary.

Following suggestion for /unregistering your vehicle: 

Edited by Franelli
  • 1 month later...

Suggestion: Would be nice to go into the menu > select the car you want > select buy > then have another menu prompting if you want to register the vehicle or not. 

Reason: I may want to have a non registered vehicle for crime. 

I see this is still sitting... Not sure if it was ever considered. 

Am I the only one who thinks that the price for the registration is too much and hence unrealistic?

Surely, it should hurt to drive with an expensive sports car but we don't have taxes without a reason. Also, people get random plates.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, Franelli said:

Long story short, all of this can be avoided if the script would automatically handle the registration of the vehicle upon purchasing it from a dealership. The current registration fee can be applied on top of the vehicle's cost if necessary.

That would solve the issue.

Sorry if I am too off-topic here but I felt like giving my inpunt on the registration.

Fully agreed, it doesn't make much sense to drive an unregistered vehicle on the road to the DMV to get it registered. It should however not be done automatically in my opinion, rather a menu to select if it's gonna be registered / insured. There might be people around that actually want to drive with an unregistered vehicle.

I agree with Mike, I think by giving people the option to decide on the time of buying it whether or not to get the plates for it or not would solve a lot of problems.

People still get pulled over by the LSPD if they don't have plates however more often than not they then ask for proof of purchase to check if the date matches up with their story so I don't think that'd be too much of an issue. Just need an option for people to buy plates for it at the time of purchase.

• Franelli locked this topic
  • 6 months later...