Poll  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, -Andreas said:

Would having pre-defined co-ordinates as suggested in my post be a solution to this? As all the height and location data would've been collected beforehand when the script is made.

So the fire would spawn on those co-ordinates.

Or perhaps have it so when the script is activated, it sends all the required alerts including the location based off the co-ordinates, but doesn't spawn the fire until a player is near? So when a person (E.g. a fire truck) is getting near the map loads, and the fire appears - but because we only see it when we get near, it has the apparent appearance that it's been going for longer?

1) Funny. I was actually thinking about such a solution to the problem just today. Then I got a bit lazy as I'd have to rewrite part of the current system to properly implement that which made me tired (-; I'll probably end up doing that to be honest, as it's a fine idea. Only problem with this is getting the coordinates that are on land, so we don't end up with a random fire starting under water (-;

Feel free to discuss anything regarding ideas and scripts you have with us in FD, maybe you should even join our Discord (after speaking with @Lionhearted first of course)?

We're constantly coming up with ideas for the fire script, new scripts and issues that often get discussed in our Discord but we then forget to forward it on. 

2) Sure just send me an invite and I'll join up with you guys if you want me to!

I've sent an invite so that we can cooperate better and in closer terms to further improve the script and FD features ? Thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...