Insurance Industry

Macsimusx

Short description: Insurance becoming an industry that players use and possibly rely on.

Detailed description:  Insurance companies could start covering cars, homes, businesses, and peoples lifes, Currently peoples cars are insured by a thing by the DMV, which excludes any sort of roleplay in that. Makes it very uninteresting. People drive their cars around banging it into anything nearby and not caring. EMS don't charge people for reviving them from the brink of death, or make them pay for any treatment, the new fire script doesn't leave any damages for someone to pay for. If players did have to pay for these things It would make the game more realistic, and they would also have someone backing them up as well. This is just a rough description 

Commands to add: Commands for EMS to charge their patients, Somewhere to fix your car that actually costs the player, or permanent damage (If anyone has ever played MTA, Owl gaming or something similar will know.) The fires that are now in the game, cost to repair. Not just nerfed ass fires. These are just some basic suggestions

Items to add:  Insurance Cards Possibly, for people to exchange insurances in crashes (More RP). Other than that I can't think of items, others could help suggest.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Insurance would help the community and server by adding more roleplay and realism to the server, and have incidents make sense. If everyone just runs around not worrying about getting hurt, or crashing and ruining their vehicle for free. The immersion is lost quickly. I just believe that Insurance Companies could play a major role in everyday roleplay. Multiple Insurance Companies can pop up and compete for the better price and benefits.

Additional information:  I want to hear your suggestions and thoughts on this as well. Let me know what you guys think.

What I'd like to know is what niche of RP it fills, because most people aren't really fond of filling insurance paperwork IRL, so I doubt they will find it super enticing in a game ^^' The roleplay added could end up being extremely uninteresting (as mentioned, filling forms and claims isn't very fascinating), the realism wouldn't add much to the depth of RP. It could, maybe, make some players more careful, but generally speaking you'll feel mostly frustrated every time you scratch your car by mistake. While this is realistic, to be frustrated at that, the fact is that it happens more often in GTA than it does IRL (because driving with a keyboard isn't like a wheel). And I'm not sure the objective of an RP server is to have people being frustrated and jaded.

We already have way more unnecessary paperwork on the server than is reasonable, adding more could end up being kind of underwhelming =/ 

Just now, Topinambour said:

What I'd like to know is what niche of RP it fills, because most people aren't really fond of filling insurance paperwork IRL, so I doubt they will find it super enticing in a game ^^' The roleplay added could end up being extremely uninteresting (as mentioned, filling forms and claims isn't very fascinating), the realism wouldn't add much to the depth of RP. It could, maybe, make some players more careful, but generally speaking you'll feel mostly frustrated every time you scratch your car by mistake. While this is realistic, to be frustrated at that, the fact is that it happens more often in GTA than it does IRL (because driving with a keyboard isn't like a wheel). And I'm not sure the objective of an RP server is to have people being frustrated and jaded.

We already have way more unnecessary paperwork on the server than is reasonable, adding more could end up being kind of underwhelming =/ 

Alright good points, but my idea was that ofc theres gonna be scratches and stuff, but like you don't get insurance to pay for you tiny little scratches or dings on your car in real life either.

As far as paperwork, It would need to be streamlined and not lengthy 10 page documents. A Small form at most.

• Upvote 1
On 10/28/2018 at 5:25 PM, Topinambour said:

Nervous said they are coming. So looks like my suggestion is coming, Admins can lock this

• 1 month later...