Actual living expenses

18 hours ago, KFN said:

That other system is too RPG based, instead of that we can use this hunger system that is even more RPG based.

Lol good try but I'll think I'll pass on a Hunger System

20 hours ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

I think that charging more for other people who are renting would be stupid. People often let friends rent and roleplay them just owning a key to their house and there's currently no way to differentiate between someone actually renting or not.

That's besides the RPG like feel to this suggestion. We need less RPG like features on the server as it prevents people from taking the server and roleplay seriously. 

Indeed this suggestion is going to add nothing besides more farm which is the opposite of RPing. I don't get this hunger for "realism" when the're a lot of other systems that are not the slightest realistic and things that would generate and make money circulate (plumbers, electricians) are not in place, so this is a big "No,no" from me. I'm here to RP not to work a second job besides the one I do RL and we don't need another money sink we already have the taxes for that. 

If the suggestions were to implement any kind of new job, that would make /some/ sense, but if it's just going to be another way of taking player's money without no RP effort, then I don't see use for this new system.

2 hours ago, AkaTenshi said:

Indeed this suggestion is going to add nothing besides more farm which is the opposite of RPing. I don't get this hunger for "realism" when the're a lot of other systems that are not the slightest realistic and things that would generate and make money circulate (plumbers, electricians) are not in place, so this is a big "No,no" from me. I'm here to RP not to work a second job besides the one I do RL and we don't need another money sink we already have the taxes for that. 

If the suggestions were to implement any kind of new job, that would make /some/ sense, but if it's just going to be another way of taking player's money without no RP effort, then I don't see use for this new system.

This server is based on working. Police, firemen, government officials ,  business owners, clerks, bar tenders, strippers, people who sell drugs on the corner, the brewers and of course the fishermen and miners. The server needs to have something that revolves it around and gives people the sense that their character is existing in a colourful multi-layered world. Its not the RPG elements as whole but rather how they are adjusted to reflect the realistic economy and how the players are interacting with them. We have a pretty decent RP’ers base here so have a little trust in them.

People  can always RP a homeless person so they don’t have a worry in a world. Or they could just play CSCO or Fortnite until feeling like it is time to go to do some cyber economic survival.

Just now, Tr1bal said:

This server is based on working. Police, firemen, government officials ,  business owners, clerks, bar tenders, strippers, people who sell drugs on the corner, the brewers and of course the fishermen and miners. The server needs to have something that revolves it around and gives people the sense that their character is existing in a colourful multi-layered world. Its not the RPG elements as whole but rather how they are adjusted to reflect the realistic economy and how the players are interacting with them. We have a pretty decent RP’ers base here so have a little trust in them.

People  can always RP a homeless person so they don’t have a worry in a world. Or they could just play CSCO or Fortnite until feeling like it is time to go to do some cyber economic survival.

Yet your suggestion does nothing to produce more jobs, instead, the suggestion relies on a system very "gammy" and RPGish (that can be traced to the same games that you've mentioned before). People can always do something, but we have to observe the community around us and with independent eyes see what's needed and what's not and we don't need more RPG systems that won't add any sort of RP or value to the economy.

If you indeed need a script to tell you that food, water and electricity are things that your character needs, then maybe a hardcore roleplaying server is not the server for you because as far as I know, most players I've RP'd with roleplay having to eat and drink which makes them use the various food / water items available IG, which is quite the contrary of "not trusting the player base" this sort of RPGish systems destroy freedom of choice and don't reward creativity. 

We don't need more holes to sink our money in just because someone thinks that our character should eat 150$ in food, spend 200$ in electricity and drink 300$ worth of water. I would like to have those choices being left for me to do, where she/he spends her/his money it's up to them and so what they should eat, drink or spend in utilitarians.I'm all up for realism but not at the expense of freedom, creativity and narrative.

21 minutes ago, AkaTenshi said:

Yet your suggestion does nothing to produce more jobs, instead, the suggestion relies on a system very "gammy" and RPGish (that can be traced to the same games that you've mentioned before). People can always do something, but we have to observe the community around us and with independent eyes see what's needed and what's not and we don't need more RPG systems that won't add any sort of RP or value to the economy.

If you indeed need a script to tell you that food, water and electricity are things that your character needs, then maybe a hardcore roleplaying server is not the server for you because as far as I know, most players I've RP'd with roleplay having to eat and drink which makes them use the various food / water items available IG, which is quite the contrary of "not trusting the player base" this sort of RPGish systems destroy freedom of choice and don't reward creativity. 

We don't need more holes to sink our money in just because someone thinks that our character should eat 150$ in food, spend 200$ in electricity and drink 300$ worth of water. I would like to have those choices being left for me to do, where she/he spends her/his money it's up to them and so what they should eat, drink or spend in utilitarians.I'm all up for realism but not at the expense of freedom, creativity and narrative.

Il make it short this time as the thread is already full of it and you clearly haven't read it yet.

1. Depletable resources = demand = more jobs

2. Freedom is all yours. Nobody is restricting you to live in a dark house and starve.

I already roleplay living expenses in real life. I hop on this game to forget them for a bit. 

Personally I'm all for realism in this gamemode (to a certain extent) but let's not completely take the fun out of it. It's a roleplaying server, not Real Life Simulator 2. Next thing you know we're gonna have to file tax returns every march/april.

Tribal, AkaTenshi has made a very valid point that quite simply outweighs your own, which is also what I meant in terms of having food/living costs being scripted into a system as another sink that shouldn't exist. I'm gonna turn 100% against the suggestion. Depletable resources or not, there is no real way to actually create an atmosphere right now that can support such theory. There are no farms that can produce consumable goods, therefor there is no system in place and can't be in place, which means that having living costs is only something that can/must be RP'd for now. If there was an actual system with jobs involved to keep the power and water going through the city and towns, then I'd consider otherwise on putting bills in place but as there isn't, there is no chance of outtages aside from whenever the staff feel like putting in a mini-event. So, like I said, I'm going fully against the suggestion until something as such can be put in place.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure what you meant in your last comment about "Deplatable resourses = more demand = more jobs" nothing in your suggestion shows anything about resources aside from creating a sink for resources that don't have a way to even be produced except through RP/imagination.

Edited by Shinto
21 minutes ago, Shinto said:

Tribal, AkaTenshi has made a very valid point that quite simply outweighs your own, which is also what I meant in terms of having food/living costs being scripted into a system as another sink that shouldn't exist. I'm gonna turn 100% against the suggestion. Depletable resources or not, there is no real way to actually create an atmosphere right now that can support such theory. There are no farms that can produce consumable goods, therefor there is no system in place and can't be in place, which means that having living costs is only something that can/must be RP'd for now. If there was an actual system with jobs involved to keep the power and water going through the city and towns, then I'd consider otherwise on putting bills in place but as there isn't, there is no chance of outtages aside from whenever the staff feel like putting in a mini-event. So, like I said, I'm going fully against the suggestion until something as such can be put in place.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure what you meant in your last comment about "Deplatable resourses = more demand = more jobs" nothing in your suggestion shows anything about resources aside from creating a sink for resources that don't have a way to even be produced except through RP/imagination.

I was keeping in mind that upcoming overhaul for the entire thing. They are going to have some kind of a resources chain for businesses. My lobbying here is just means to ensure that this chain will always have a demand. I would not want a hunger system without the economic chain that brings it to me either. It would be pointless that way.

And yes I should probably update the main post too. A lot of points have been and the thread somehow drifted into the food world too much. 

Still I believe that properties should have electric and water bills. Just as the cars consume fuel. 

30 minutes ago, WOLPHBYTE said:

I already roleplay living expenses in real life. I hop on this game to forget them for a bit. 

Personally I'm all for realism in this gamemode (to a certain extent) but let's not completely take the fun out of it. It's a roleplaying server, not Real Life Simulator 2. Next thing you know we're gonna have to file tax returns every march/april.

It is fun for me to RP having an normal job and doing normal "boring" things. It relaxes me from the stuff I do in real life. Remember that not everybody comes here to party, drift with cars, hang with friends, sell drugs, kill people and loiter around the mall. My fun is when things are as normal as they can be. I prefer RP'ing alone or with very few people usually, mostly because I do it around Sandy Shores, I prefer interacting with the script as it makes the cyber world more real to me, but that does not mean I am not able to put up some great RP when it comes to that. I'm like that advanced NPC that just driver around and keeps to his own until you poke him and it brings some great moments(Emphasis on the word "moments".) to your day and then goes his way again. But in order to keep me happy I need more then just absolutely gorgeous landscape and marvelous game physics. I need the world to to be immersive. I'm pretty sure there are more people like me out there.

23 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

It is fun for me to RP having an normal job and doing normal "boring" things. It relaxes me from the stuff I do in real life. Remember that not everybody comes here to party, drift with cars, hang with friends, sell drugs, kill people and loiter around the mall. My fun is when things are as normal as they can be. I prefer RP'ing alone or with very few people usually, mostly because I do it around Sandy Shores, I prefer interacting with the script as it makes the cyber world more real to me, but that does not mean I am not able to put up some great RP when it comes to that. I'm like that advanced NPC that just driver around and keeps to his own until you poke him and it brings some great moments(Emphasis on the word "moments".) to your day and then goes his way again. But in order to keep me happy I need more then just absolutely gorgeous landscape and marvelous game physics. I need the world to to be immersive. I'm pretty sure there are more people like me out there.

Just wait until you're an adult that gets confronted with bills left and right, or actually get out of the house and actually live the normal life you want to RP.

tenor.gif?itemid=13024928

Jokes. On a serious note though, I do understand what you're saying but with the addition of RP jobs and the already existent (road-)tax system it feels like plenty of "real" stuff has been added already. It's kind of overkill to just keep adding these kind of things while there's so many other things that could be fixed and/or added at this point in time. The goal is for everyone to RP a realistic character, and if you want to RP paying your bills every month because that's your thing, then why should a non-existent script feature prevent you from doing that? It's been fine so far.

I've been RP'ing on several sticks-and-stones text-based platforms, including SA:MP in its early stages, and although I've come to appreciate all these fancy features, it really isn't necessary at all to add script-based stuff. Focus on the RP instead of wanting to have all kinds of script-wise stuff added in the hopes it'll make your roleplaying here better.

Edited by WOLPHBYTE
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, WOLPHBYTE said:

Just wait until you're an adult that gets confronted with bills left and right, or actually get out of the house and actually live the normal life you want to RP.

tenor.gif?itemid=13024928

Jokes. On a serious note though, I do understand what you're saying but with the addition of RP jobs and the already existent (road-)tax system it feels like plenty of "real" stuff has been added already. It's kind of overkill to just keep adding these kind of things while there's so many other things that could be fixed and/or added at this point in time. The goal is for everyone to RP a realistic character, and if you want to RP paying your bills every month because that's your thing, then why should a non-existent script feature prevent you from doing that? It's been fine so far.

I've been RP'ing on several sticks-and-stones text-based platforms, including SA:MP in its early stages, and although I've come to appreciate all these fancy features, it really isn't necessary at all to add script-based stuff. Focus on the RP instead of wanting to have all kinds of script-wise stuff added in the hopes it'll make your roleplaying here better.

There is no such thing as a overkill in a RP server. In the server, if you drive a car, use the fuel script, go to bars, consume alcohol or drugs and are shooting with guns then there is no logical reason for you to actually be against the idea I am presenting here. You don't have to be all hands on deck for it either, accordance with your own ideology you should just be neutral then as you enjoy similar things that already exist in the server. There is nothing wrong on trying to make the game world more and more and more immersive.

Also updated the original post.

I mean, I "shouldn't" be anything as it's still my own opinion even if I brought completely irrelevant things into the mix.

Yes, I shoot guns and there's a great ammo script for it, and yes I need to fuel up my car in order to get where I want to go in game. I appreciate these features and I think they're fun and necessary to make GTA:W work. Registering cars at the DMV, great, paying taxes, great. I like realism too because ultimately that's what this server is all about, but we shouldn't get too crazy as it's still a game, and that's where you kind of need to draw the line for yourself. There's a great game out there called The Real World if you want to live the life you've been describing on all of this thread. Just kidding, but again, I understand where you're coming from but this script caters to civilians as much as it does to gangbangers or the PD/FD, and what you're showing me right now is that you'd actually rather spend time on the forums debating this matter over actually getting in game and enjoying the server because you're so hellbent on getting things like this added for your entertainment, rather than appreciate the script as it is.

To end off my little rant here: Immersion comes from yourself, not the gamemode. 

Put this in your signatures, people. I'll be signing autographs at the booth nextdoor.

Edited by WOLPHBYTE