Removal of "Kicked for being AFK" messages

Short description: Remove the AFK-kick messages for players who are not within a fixed radius from the player being kicked.

Detailed description: It's quite simple to be honest - I doubt there is a need for the entire server to receive those kick messages, unless the kicked player is somewhere within a fixed radius from your character and his removal from the server might affect your roleplay with him.

Commands to add:  N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Removal of these messages would decrease the amount of unnecessary chat lines for everyone and would contribute towards keeping the chat clean. I wouldn't say it's a crucial one, but I personally find it a bit annoying.

Additional information: N/A

You are right, it kind of spams the chat, but just a little. On the other hand the kick messages are meant to be as a shaming tool in my opinion. So I am kind of 50/50 on this one.

22 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

You are right, it kind of spams the chat, but just a little. On the other hand the kick messages are meant to be as a shaming tool in my opinion. So I am kind of 50/50 on this one.

Not much shame in getting kicked for being away from keyboard for a bit too long to be honest, but other than that I agree with you on the purpose of those messages. It's just that AFK kicks are way too common. I don't really care if someone miles away from me gets kicked for being AFK, but maybe it's just me.

30 minutes ago, Sharvit said:

Imo its should be removed from everyone's chat but kept only to the kicked player himself so he could know what he was kicked for. 

I believe people around the kicked player also need to be aware about his removal from the server.

25 minutes ago, Rybyn said:

The AFK kicks are part of the global admin kick command.

Wasn't aware of that. I got the impression they are automatically handed to players who were not active in-game for a sufficient amount of time.

24 minutes ago, Rukka said:

Could just remove any kicks that aren't recorded on someone's admin record.

That might work just fine.

I honestly think there is no need to remove it.
I don't believe it spams your chat too much. And it becomes handy when a certain person gets kicked, lets say a person you know, and then you're aware that you can't interact with him anymore if you planned to do so.

Yes, there are other methods of doing so, but if we have a nice little addition, why shouldn't we?

5 minutes ago, Estes said:

I honestly think there is no need to remove it.
I don't believe it spams your chat too much. And it becomes handy when a certain person gets kicked, lets say a person you know, and then you're aware that you can't interact with him anymore if you planned to do so.

Yes, there are other methods of doing so, but if we have a nice little addition, why shouldn't we?

I'm wondering how would you benefit from knowing that a player you're familiar with has just got kicked across the other side of the map? That's what I'm basing my point on honestly. You're given information which you do not require, hence getting your chat filled up with AFK related messages that are simply irrelevant to you. If you want to check whether or not a friend of yours is in-game - you could easily use the /id command.

I'll try to attach a screenshot that demonstrates what I'm talking about the next time I encounter a spree of AFK kicks in-game. It is barely an issue when one person gets kicked, but when four or five messages appear in a row one after another it instantly becomes irritating.

Good point, Fran, but I would suggest introducing an automated AFK system instead. 
Sprees of kicks happen because admins have to do it manually. Thus checking on all players.
If we had an automated system, there would be messages, but not as a spree.