Longer /leavejob cooldown + separation of jobs + levels

2 hours ago, Franelli said:

On the other hand, those who do take them are not necessarily considered newbies who simply want to grind; there are many experienced players who actually roleplay their jobs to the fullest and not just spam the scriptwise commands to gain money (or have them set merely for their paychecks).

I agree.  I brew to establish my name brand, and for the RP.  Sure I have to spend hours locked in a factory to brew it myself, but I find it satisfying sometimes, and a nice break from RP.

------

As an aside, why would anyone ever think that the scripted jobs are meant for new players?  Not everyone finds bartending, construction, or being a taxi driver rewarding.

It irritates me that people think that either :

A. People who grind aren't here for RP

B. Grinding isn't needed since we get 200k for our first 40 hours.

The fact of the matter is, in ANY game you play, regardless of it being an rp server or single player game, it requires some modicum of work/grinding to get what you want.

Do you think you become wealthy IRL by just hanging out in bars and socializing? No, so how is working scripted jobs different?

And I personally do not like charging fees for imaginative services, so the rest of the roleplay businesses do not suit me.  What is there other than scripted jobs?

Not much, unless you want to work underpaid at a roleplaying business.

Simple fact is that it's natural to work towards something with the most efficient way possible. The path of least resistance Yada Yada.  And I bet that if half the people against scripted jobs lost their houses, businesses, vehicles and bank accounts, they'd be doing the same.

All the quotes above have missed the fact that I have said "unless literally - properly roleplayed." ?
Still nobody signs a contract to work for a full week when they go in to try a job and keep in mind, people WILL go for the one they find more fun and more fitting for their characters.
I'm not and never have said the script jobs are bad, of course they're wonderful - when everyone start's actually RP'ing them, of which I've only seen the bewers doing a couple ads and the garages doing their thing.

Anyway; A week is too much, 3 days sure OK, you can quit the job then take the 3 days as a time frame revolving around finding a new job which would be a cool down period. A week? Why? Why should it be that long when IRL it doesn't take me a week to quit a job I don't like?

Edit: Keep in mind, if people are going to go around and seek a job they'll enjoy and try to make a business out of - they'll be forced to wait a week if you do 7 days until they can try the next one.

Edited by Shinto
  • 1 month later...
  • Franelli locked this topic
  • 1 month later...