Chatlog and Screenshots

YWard

On 22. 10. 2017 at 1:22 AM, Graham said:

If you want to put the logs on your own screenshot (instead of using the chatbox), the user @Jimenez did a bunch of styles for Photoshop that emulate the chat text https://www.upload.ee/files/7580241/Untitled_Styles.asl.html  so, you pull out the logs using that software, then you use the styles on them.

Make sure to thank him!

Thank you for the styles. I have been trying to create them in photoshop for 10 hours today but I failed. These that you shared are perfect. Thank you for sharing and thanks to @Jimenez for creating them.

On 16. 10. 2017 at 0:03 AM, JoeWarner said:

One of the things mostly missed from SAMP here, is easily editing screenshots with text to reflect active roleplay.

GT-MP offers extensive chatlogs actually, the problem is most people don't know where to find them and how to extract the chat from the technical logs file that has plenty of other data, not just the chat.

In this guide I'll be covering how to extract the chatlogs from GT-MP logs and how to use it for your screenshot editing using SAMP tools (I won't share links as those programs were made for other communities)

Steps:

Alternative link:

• Extract the files inside the your chatlogs folder, the chat logs folder can be found in YOUR-GTMP-DIRECTORY/logs
    • Note: default directory is C:/Grand Theft Multiplayer/

Logs folder before extracting the files:

RtM6vNl.png

Logs folder after extracting the rar:

H2WsckE.png

• Among the extracted files, you'll find a file named GT-MP Chatlog Extractor.exe, that's the chat extractor, it has no Graphical interface, it works automatically.
  • To extract the chat from a GT-MP log file, i.e. GT-MP-2017-10-15.log, simply make sure that the extractor and the log are in the same folder, and run GT-MP Chatlog Extractor.exe as shown in the picture above.
  • Run the GT-MP Chatlog Extractor.exe and it'll automatically generate txt files with the chatlog as shown here:

NxcZw5v.png

• That's it! Use the chat from those log with your favourite SAMP screenshot editing software!

FAQ:

-Help! My generated logs are blank.

You've disabled the logging from GT-MP settings, pause while in-game and head to settings>Performance and make sure logging isn't disabled.

-An error message pops up or software doesn't run.

Either you have no logs in the same folder as extractor OR you've deleted one of the files needed for the chatlog extractor to run.

Thank you for the quide, Sir, it's perfect.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/17/2017 at 4:18 AM, JimmyCZ said:

Thank you for the styles. I have been trying to create them in photoshop for 10 hours today but I failed. These that you shared are perfect. Thank you for sharing and thanks to @Jimenez for creating them.

Thank you for the quide, Sir, it's perfect.

I'm happy I can be of help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/21/2017 at 6:22 PM, Graham said:

If you want to put the logs on your own screenshot (instead of using the chatbox), the user @Jimenez did a bunch of styles for Photoshop that emulate the chat text https://www.upload.ee/files/7580241/Untitled_Styles.asl.html  so, you pull out the logs using that software, then you use the styles on them.

Make sure to thank him!

Do you still have this or does @Jimenez by any chance?

• 1 month later...

When I extract the logs (they're not disabled) this comes up instead of my chatlogs.

GT-MP Chatlog Extractor Tool v1.0 (via github user charlw & mt-gaming user Trippy)

EDIT: LOL ignore me I'm a retard. I've fixed it, this tool is handy thank you!

Edited by Nervous
12 hours ago, Maca said:

When I extract the logs (they're not disabled) this comes up instead of my chatlogs.

GT-MP Chatlog Extractor Tool v1.0 (via github user charlw & mt-gaming user Trippy)

Glad you could sort it out mate!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 0:18 PM, Maca said:

How did you fix this? I can't seem to get logs that are recent, that only shows up and i've ticked the logging in gt:mp. 

Just as an update, i've done that. It's weird because the parser works on old gt-mp logs, and i've checked my normal gt-mp logs from last night and it does have chat, so it's logging it, but the parser just shows it as blank. Anyone got a fix?